Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-08-07T08:02:33Z by devil786
devil786
devil786
126 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic displaying specific service tree in a new page

‏2012-07-31T09:39:04Z |
I want to display a specific service tree in a new page for some specific users, i have tried but it displays all the service instances on that new page . thanks in advance
Updated on 2012-08-07T08:02:33Z at 2012-08-07T08:02:33Z by devil786
  • gulfsoft
    gulfsoft
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: displaying specific service tree in a new page

‏2012-07-31T11:22:59Z  in response to devil786
    After adding the portlet to the page, edit the portlet properties to select the top of the service tree.

Frank

We can make Tivoli software work for you!
    www.gulfsoft.com
    • devil786
      devil786
      126 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-31T11:49:27Z  in response to gulfsoft
      hi gulfsoft
      thanks for the reply, i treid to find the portlet properties but unable to find it. thanks in advance
      • gulfsoft
        gulfsoft
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-01T13:41:07Z  in response to devil786
        It's in the upper right corner of the portlet, as shown in the file named ServicePortletProperties.JPG . From there, click "Edit Shared Settings", then click the "Context" tab and you can specify the "root" service, as shown in the file named ServiceContext.JPG. Download and unzip the TBSM.zip file to see these.

www.gulfsoft.com

Attachments

• devil786
          devil786
          126 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-02T06:42:36Z  in response to gulfsoft
          Hi Frank,
          thanks for your help and support, actually it was my mistake, there was some problem with the dashboard and data server connectivity, that's why those options were not available to me at first chance, i tried them on another system and it went fine, just For info, now if i want to give access to that page only to a specific group of users then which roles should be assigned to those users, thanks in advance.
          • gulfsoft
            gulfsoft
            10 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-02T10:32:30Z  in response to devil786
            The solution as I see it requirea that you create a different page for each group, add a customized service tree portlet ti that page, and specify the roles required to view that page. Then grant those different. Roles to the different groups as appropriate.

Frank

www.gulfsoft.com
            • devil786
              devil786
              126 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-06T10:32:09Z  in response to gulfsoft
              Hi Frank,
              i did as you directed, first create a page and added a customized service tree model to that page and then under roles defined the role "operators" with user level access, after that created a group and two users and assign operator role to that group and added those users to that group, in the last logon to tip using new user, the new page was there, but when i click it nothing displayed, after that i assign the tbsmreadonly role to that group , after that page displayed that no services are available or you may be not authourized to view any services, so i logon to the tip using tipadmin and then added that new user under each service security tab, after that service tree was available/displayed, so i was wandering that it will be very hard to do this method for a long service tree. any idea?
            • devil786
              devil786
              126 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-07T08:02:33Z  in response to gulfsoft
              Hi frank, please ignore the last reply, i created a custom role and give access to that role on that new page with custom service model, after that create a group and assign that role to that new group and in the last add the user to the new group. after this logon to tip using that new uid, but after clicking the page nothing displays, however if i also assign tbsmviewservice role to the new group then all services are available to that new user.