Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-12-10T17:59:02Z by SystemAdmin
MaliniGali
MaliniGali
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IDMObjects.Library.LogonId returns null

‏2012-07-30T21:48:04Z |
I am trying to retreive a document from a Windows 2008 FileNet server. After Logon when I try to retreive the LogonID it returns a null value. I have tried using idmLogonOptServerNoUI instead of idmLogonOptNoUI as well and in that case I get a bad variable type error when I try to retreive the LogonID. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

_IsLogedOn = ObjLibrary.Logon(userid, password, optional, idmLibraryLogon.idmLogonOptNoUI);
string test = "test";
test = Convert.ToString(ObjLibrary.LogonId.ToString() );
Updated on 2012-12-10T17:59:02Z at 2012-12-10T17:59:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    42 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IDMObjects.Library.LogonId returns null

‏2012-12-10T17:59:02Z  in response to MaliniGali
    I had the same problem and took me some time to figure out. You have to create and set a global session manager to get a logonID generated.

SessionManager mySessionManager = new SessionManager
    ObjLibrary.SessionManager = mySessionManager;
    ObjLibrary.Logon(userid, password, optional, idmLibraryLogon.idmLogonOptNoUI);
    string test = "test";
    test = Convert.ToString(ObjLibrary.LogonId.ToString() );

I don't know if this was a IDM 4.0.3 thing or a Windows 2008 thing that made this necessary. I do know that it is a recent requirement as I didn't have this problem until trying to upgrade an IDM Web application from 2003 to 2008.