• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-17T19:06:09Z by lisaw
wiedela
wiedela
19 Posts

Pinned topic Can't start XS in Liberty Profile

‏2012-07-30T15:50:23Z |
XS Experts,
I'm following IBM lab and InfoCenter instructions on how to setup Liberty and XS together. Everything seems to work until I need to add the XS feature to my Liberty profile's Feature Manager. After executing the instructions for a new "Container Server Configuration File" that creates an "xsServerConfig.xml" file, I have an error in the configuration. It doesn't like the "eXtremeScale.server-1.0" feature that was added in the new file.

When I start the Liberty profile, I get this error:
  • ERROR CWWKF0001E: A feature definition could not be found for eXtremeScale.server-1.0

I'm using Eclipse Indigo for my development environment, and I have installed all the necessary toolkits to work with WAS and XS. I'm guessing that I have one more configuration step so that when I try to add the XS feature, it shows up in the Feature Manager's options.

As always, help with this is greatly appreciated.
Updated on 2012-08-17T19:06:09Z at 2012-08-17T19:06:09Z by lisaw
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

Re: Can't start XS in Liberty Profile

‏2012-07-30T19:23:12Z  
    Hello Adam,

Check to see if you have wlp/lib/com.ibm.ws.xs.server_1.0.jar in your WAS Liberty install. If that is missing, you might have not installed WXS properly. If you are doing an install with Installation Manager, double check you installed WAS Liberty and WXS together.

• Lisa

Websphere eXtreme Scale Development
  • wiedela
    wiedela
    19 Posts

‏2012-07-30T21:13:22Z  
    • lisaw
    • ‏2012-07-30T19:23:12Z
    Hello Adam,

Check to see if you have wlp/lib/com.ibm.ws.xs.server_1.0.jar in your WAS Liberty install. If that is missing, you might have not installed WXS properly. If you are doing an install with Installation Manager, double check you installed WAS Liberty and WXS together.

• Lisa

Lisa,
    You are right, I don't have the "com.ibm.ws.xs.server_1.0.jar" file in that directory. When I installed the Liberty profile, I downloaded a "wlp-developers-8.5.0.0.jar" file, but according to the XS InfoCenter, I need a "wxs-wlp_8.5.0.1.jar" file. Where do I download this? The instructions mention a "distribution image" but I didn't find this jar file in any of my distribution images.

If I can't download this jar, where can I get the XS server jar file that I need?

Thanks
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2012-07-30T21:35:51Z  
    • wiedela
    • ‏2012-07-30T21:13:22Z
    Lisa,
    You are right, I don't have the "com.ibm.ws.xs.server_1.0.jar" file in that directory. When I installed the Liberty profile, I downloaded a "wlp-developers-8.5.0.0.jar" file, but according to the XS InfoCenter, I need a "wxs-wlp_8.5.0.1.jar" file. Where do I download this? The instructions mention a "distribution image" but I didn't find this jar file in any of my distribution images.

If I can't download this jar, where can I get the XS server jar file that I need?

Thanks
    Adam,

You can install WXS on Liberty if you install WAS v8.5 with Liberty Profile feature and WXS 8.5 for WebSphere Application Server V8 on top of it with the IBM Installation Manager.

At the moment, the WXS for Liberty jar is not available, but should be shortly.

If you would like to expedite getting the WXS for Liberty jar, you may open a PMR so we can send it to you.

• Lisa

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2012-08-17T19:06:09Z  
    Hey!

The two jars to get started with eXtreme Scale on Liberty profile are now available. Check out the airport sample on this page to literally get a grid up and running in 15 minutes.

You can download the Liberty jar here:
    WebSphere for Developers Liberty Profile

You can download the WXS for Liberty jar here:
    WXS for Liberty Profile

• Lisa