Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-07-27T16:50:09Z by RickyHolcomb
bharb
bharb
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ISA 5 Feedback

‏2012-07-26T19:32:09Z |
Installed ISA v5 on a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit server to collect data about the Tivoli Storage Manager Server Version 6, Release 3, Level 1.

However when I click to collect data; nothing seems to happen.

Please feel free to contact me for additional information. -- Brendin

Brendin Harb
Gray & Company, Inc.
3601 N. I-10 Service Rd. W.
Metairie, LA 70002
bharb@grayinsco.com
Updated on 2012-07-27T16:50:09Z at 2012-07-27T16:50:09Z by RickyHolcomb
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    175 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISA 5 Feedback

‏2012-07-27T16:50:09Z  in response to bharb
    Hello Brendin,

I take it that you are trying to collect Data in ISA 5 beta with the IBM Support Assistant Data Collector tab, for the Tivoli Storage Manager Server product.

Currently there are only 4 product specific Web enabled data collectors available.

These include:
    Financial Transaction Manager 2.0
    IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management
    WebSphere Application Server
    WebSphere Process Server

In addition to the product specific collectors, there is a generic collector called "My System", which collects system specific data. Such as hardware and software inventory, network information, etc.

As the "IBM Support Assistant Data Collector" is fairly new. The product teams are in the process of creating and migrating IBM Support Assistant Lite Collectors to the new web enabled "IBM Support Assistant Data Collectors". I will contact the Tivoli team and see if I can get a status on the "Tivoli Storage Manager Server" collectors, in the mean time you may want to download the older "IBM Support Assistant Lite for your Tivoli product from our website at:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/isa/

You would need to select the tab on this page called "Lite", then select Tivoli in the pulldown for brand, then select the "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server 6.x" for the product selection. You would then be given a download link for the collector. Once you have downloaded, extracted and ran the collector on the server. You can then transfer this data to IBM Support Assistant 5 Beta in order to begin working with the tools, etc.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Ricky Holcomb