Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-27T16:45:40Z by DGawron
CRFB_didem_okuyan
CRFB_didem_okuyan
3 Posts

Pinned topic how to use database results with repeatedRegion,table,radioButton Builders

‏2012-07-26T13:38:50Z |
hello everybody,

I'm developing a poll application. I create tables in db2 for polls, questions and users. I create a provider model in websphere web experience factory and then I use a service consumer in another model to take values. firstly I select poll names from database. I dont konw how many rows will return so I used repeated region builder then showed all polls in a table(I dont know if I can use another builder for this work). I want to put radio button before every poll name to be able to select one of them but table was creating for every row again so I cant use webAppAccess.getRequestInputs().getInputValue metod because there is many radio button group in the page.how can I solve this? Can use something except table to show data?
Updated on 2012-07-27T16:45:40Z at 2012-07-27T16:45:40Z by DGawron
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    251 Posts

Re: how to use database results with repeatedRegion,table,radioButton Builders

‏2012-07-26T18:52:34Z  
    The model didn't contain sample data so it's hard to tell how the actual web app would be generated and behave, but here are a few high-level observations.

• You probably shouldn't be using Repeated Region. That builder is for special cases and what you describe sounds more typical (pull a result set from a DB and display it as a table). Data Page or View & Form should be used for this.

• It sounds like you want an action to occur when a poll is selected. Instead of using Radio Buttons why not just use a link or a client-side event on some column in the table to trigger the action that takes the user to the next step / screen?
  • CRFB_didem_okuyan
    CRFB_didem_okuyan
    3 Posts

‏2012-07-27T08:49:59Z  
    • DGawron
    • ‏2012-07-26T18:52:34Z
    The model didn't contain sample data so it's hard to tell how the actual web app would be generated and behave, but here are a few high-level observations.

• You probably shouldn't be using Repeated Region. That builder is for special cases and what you describe sounds more typical (pull a result set from a DB and display it as a table). Data Page or View & Form should be used for this.

• It sounds like you want an action to occur when a poll is selected. Instead of using Radio Buttons why not just use a link or a client-side event on some column in the table to trigger the action that takes the user to the next step / screen?
    thanks for advise. But some questions are still remaining. first of them how can I know which poll name was selected because I cant use more than 1 input with webAppAccess.getRequestInputs().getInputValue method. and I dont know how to do it with link also. I tried the same work with view and form builder but I need more help
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    251 Posts

‏2012-07-27T16:45:40Z  
    thanks for advise. But some questions are still remaining. first of them how can I know which poll name was selected because I cant use more than 1 input with webAppAccess.getRequestInputs().getInputValue method. and I dont know how to do it with link also. I tried the same work with view and form builder but I need more help
    These are fundamental questions that are covered in the tutorials and samples on the WEF Wiki (http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf). I'd recommend you invest a few hours and go through the samples to get the fundamentals down. Your experience with WEF will be much easier and rewarding.

You seems to be struggling with this model because you are trying to apply Java programming techniques to tasks where using builders and their automation is the better/easier approach. To help you along I've put together a consumer/provider sample that demonstrates how to use Data Services UI (a high-level builder than Data Page) to automate a summary and details views of sample data. A bare minimum of Java programming is used, and even this could have been avoided.