Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-25T16:34:49Z by IngmarsB
vermor
vermor
9 Posts

Pinned topic Red HAt 6, ILMT install (launchpad.sh failed with firefox 10.0.5)

‏2012-07-25T16:45:28Z |

I am trying to install an ILMT server in Red Hat 6.

When I try to run ./launchpad.sh I get the message that the firefox webbrowser is not supported.

I can ran /usr/bin/firefox, with no problem.

I ran the export $BROWSER=/usr/bin/firefox variable set.

Am I missing something else?...

Updated on 2014-01-03T12:23:50Z at 2014-01-03T12:23:50Z by ICTmember
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    340 Posts

Re: Red HAt 6, ILMT install (launchpad.sh failed with firefox 10.0.5)

‏2012-08-02T14:24:02Z  
    Hello Veronica,

Supported version of Firefox is 3.6. Please downgrade your one to install the ILMT, as the configuration you have, has never been tested.

References:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/topic/com.ibm.lmt75.doc/com.ibm.license.mgmt.planinconf.doc/r_software_reqs_other.html

Please let me know if my post answers your question.

Regards,
    Michał Klak
    ILMT Central Team

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
    Please contact product support if you need IBM's official advice.

If you want to extend your knowledge of ILMT, you may check this site:
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/IBM+License+Metric+Tool
  • MonkeyWrench
    MonkeyWrench
    1 Post

‏2012-10-02T15:06:13Z  
    OK So this is nuts. I really really wish IBM would make a simple change to their browser.sh script used to detect browsers. All you need to do is modify a case statement and it works. OK IBM?

As a quick workaround, let's say you have firefox installed at /usr/bin/firefox, you should be able to add this in launchpad/browser.sh:

#whichBrowser=NoBrowser
    whichBrowser=Firefox

You might also want to install xterm because IBM also wants that to show you error messages. Really?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    340 Posts

‏2012-10-18T10:06:38Z  
    OK So this is nuts. I really really wish IBM would make a simple change to their browser.sh script used to detect browsers. All you need to do is modify a case statement and it works. OK IBM?

As a quick workaround, let's say you have firefox installed at /usr/bin/firefox, you should be able to add this in launchpad/browser.sh:

#whichBrowser=NoBrowser
    whichBrowser=Firefox

You might also want to install xterm because IBM also wants that to show you error messages. Really?
    Hello,

It will be easier and faster to launch the installer using sh file from the server subdirectory:
    ./server/TAD4D-server-7.5-linux-x86_64.sh

Regards
  • JhanssenOliveira
    JhanssenOliveira
    1 Post

‏2013-04-17T01:25:56Z  

Well, you can install the server, but after installation completed, you'll see some issues in the ILMT Web Console, for me it was fixed only by accessing from an Internet Explorer session.

Regards,

Jhanssen

• IngmarsB
    IngmarsB
    2 Posts

‏2013-11-25T16:34:49Z  

Hi,

I've the same problem trying to install ILMT 7.5 on Linux SUSE Ent.Ed. 32-bit.

1) Do nothing with your newer (existing) browser

2) Download your mozilla3.6...tar and extract it where you want

3) I've found solution in one linux forum:

"if you want to run firefox 3.6 when executing (making it as default in your OS) firefox, create the dir ~/bin (can skip it) and make a symlink to your Fx36: ln -s ~/firefox/firefox ~/bin/firefox. You need to re-login for the changes take effect"

~/firefox/firefox    will be your "new" Mozilla 3.6 and ~/bin/firefox  your old.

NOTE: if any problems >

4) probably in ~/bin/firefox you will have already the file - rename it and keep if any case: mv firefox firefoxBAK

5) re-login

6) if needed change permissions to chmod +x filename.sh (if problems to any sh)

Regards,

Ingmars