Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-08-03T08:42:22Z by vipirailo
vipirailo
vipirailo
63 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can i show attributes in data form?

‏2012-07-24T13:17:16Z |
Hi, gurus
I need to design data form that shows a few attributes in columns of form.
Lets say i have accounts in rows with 2-3 attributes and period in columns. So my data form should has accounts and attributes with intersection of period. Users would enter some data.
How such design could be achieved? Pls, suggest me some workaround and where it can be done (web form, excell etc)
I'm new to TM1

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir
Updated on 2012-08-03T08:42:22Z at 2012-08-03T08:42:22Z by vipirailo
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can i show attributes in data form?

‏2012-07-24T13:31:58Z  in response to vipirailo
    Yes you can have Attributes in the TM1 Websheet. You just have to use the DBRW() or DBR() formula in the Excel spreadsheets. In the formula just point to the }Elements_Attributes_dimensionName cube
    • Rizwan.Kaif
      Rizwan.Kaif
      197 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-24T13:51:57Z  in response to Rizwan.Kaif
      You can also use the DBRA() function in the websheets to pull out the values of the element Attributes.

Rizwan Kaif
      • vipirailo
        vipirailo
        63 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-25T14:55:09Z  in response to Rizwan.Kaif
        Hi, Rizwan and thanks a lot for the idea.
        As per my current TM1 experience i have to spend a day understanding what you mean :)
        Let me list my steps
        1. I created excel sheet via Perspectives using one of the cube View
        2. Then i added 2 columns with formulaes like these "=DBRA("RLH:Actions",$A7,"Code")" , "=DBRA("RLH:Actions",$A7,"Measure")" and saved the xlsx file
        3. I've uploaded worksheet via Architect onto TM1 server in my application
        4. i've drag'n'dropped sheet into app via TM1 Performance modeler. Saved and deployed app

Are these steps correct?

Now i can open websheet in my app, can enter values, they calculated automatically but i can't do the commit. Changed cells are blue. Pls, help where am i wrong
        You'll be so kind if you could explain me what is pro's and con's of using websheet vs other methods of submitting data. Are the TM1 cube rule applied to websheet?
        • Rizwan.Kaif
          Rizwan.Kaif
          197 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-30T20:19:22Z  in response to vipirailo
          The steps which you have listed are right. DBRA() function can be used to retrieve the current attribute value as well as to Write the element attribute.

Have you tested the spreadsheet in Perspectives itself? If it is working in Perspectives it should work on the web as well.

Cheers!
          Rizwan Kaif
          • vipirailo
            vipirailo
            63 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-03T08:42:22Z  in response to Rizwan.Kaif
            Hi and many thanks Rizwan. Finally it gets worked. Sorry for last reply.
            It looks like were was some sort of error in approval hierarchy
            Now i'm going further and have some other questions. I'll be posting them in new threads
            Thanks again
            Vladimir