IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-31T15:00:15Z by PaulLiskay
HarshitSinghania
HarshitSinghania
5 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to record a test using Google Chrome in Rational Performance Tester

‏2012-07-23T10:49:15Z |
Hi,

I am trying to record a HTTP test using Chrome. As Chrome is not available as a direct options for browser in RPT, I am selecting the managed application option and providing details of google chrome.
The test generation fails with the below error :
RPTO0029E The Recording contains NO Protocol Data for any installed Test Generator

Can anyone tell me whether google chrome is supported by RPT as a browser or as a managed application, and if yes, how can I proceed to do that.
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Harshit Singhania
Updated on 2013-03-15T06:15:59Z at 2013-03-15T06:15:59Z by BhadraBheemireddy
  • KMooney
    KMooney
    282 Posts

Re: Unable to record a test using Google Chrome in Rational Performance Tester

‏2012-07-23T19:16:07Z  
    Chrome isn't supported but you should be able to record with it via the managed application route. You do need to specify a manual SOCKS proxy setting using port 1080.
  • HarshitSinghania
    HarshitSinghania
    5 Posts

‏2012-07-24T13:04:44Z  
    I have used the unmanaged application while recording http test using Chrome, and set the proxy port to 1080 in Chrome.
  • BhadraBheemireddy
    BhadraBheemireddy
    13 Posts

‏2013-03-15T06:06:37Z  
    With version 8.3 , we can use the opera and Google chrome browsers also along with IE and Mozilla...
  • BhadraBheemireddy
    BhadraBheemireddy
    13 Posts

‏2013-03-15T06:15:59Z  
    With version 8.3 , we can use the opera and Google chrome browsers also along with IE and Mozilla...
    Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or 9.0 (On Windows 7, recommended Internet Explorer version is 9.0)
    Apple Safari 5.1.2
    Google Chrome 18.0 or later
    Opera 11.0

it may helps to u ... i hope
  • RohitLeo
    RohitLeo
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-30T10:43:47Z  

Hi All,

I am using RPT 8.3 and as per the business requirement I have to execute the test using google crome. But I am not able to record the script using crome. Using IE and Firefox I am able to record the same flow.

Please suggest, will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Rohit

• PaulLiskay
    PaulLiskay
    601 Posts

‏2013-10-30T12:48:56Z  
    • RohitLeo
    • ‏2013-10-30T10:43:47Z

Hi All,

I am using RPT 8.3 and as per the business requirement I have to execute the test using google crome. But I am not able to record the script using crome. Using IE and Firefox I am able to record the same flow.

Please suggest, will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Rohit

Hi,

can you describe in more detail what is meant by "am not able to record the script using Chrome"?  Does the browser not launch, does it launch and nothing's recorded, etc?

Thank you

• RohitLeo
    RohitLeo
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-30T17:10:01Z  

Hi,

can you describe in more detail what is meant by "am not able to record the script using Chrome"?  Does the browser not launch, does it launch and nothing's recorded, etc?

Thank you

Hi Paul,

Thanks again Paul for your swift response.

Let me brief you about the RPT architecture. The tool is published on Citrix and we are launching the RPT from there.

The browser is getting launch but its not sending any request to the server. With the same proxy setting I am able to record the flow using IE and Firefox. When we are launching the RPT from the same Citrix server using RDP ( not using Citrix), we are able to record the application using crome.

I am attaching the sceenshots for Crome and Firefox for your reference.

P.S : We can record the application from Citrix server but it would not be proper solution as we are targeting Citrix as an end-to-end solution.

Thanks,

Rohit.

Attachments

• PaulLiskay
    PaulLiskay
    601 Posts

‏2013-10-31T15:00:15Z  
    • RohitLeo
    • ‏2013-10-30T17:10:01Z

Hi Paul,

Thanks again Paul for your swift response.

Let me brief you about the RPT architecture. The tool is published on Citrix and we are launching the RPT from there.

The browser is getting launch but its not sending any request to the server. With the same proxy setting I am able to record the flow using IE and Firefox. When we are launching the RPT from the same Citrix server using RDP ( not using Citrix), we are able to record the application using crome.

I am attaching the sceenshots for Crome and Firefox for your reference.

P.S : We can record the application from Citrix server but it would not be proper solution as we are targeting Citrix as an end-to-end solution.

Thanks,

Rohit.

Hi,

the good news is it looks like the Chrome browser is launched.

It looks like in the screenshot the readme file isn't being loaded, this doesnt affect anything, it's the same readme that's shown for Firefox and IE to clear the cache, etc.

What happens when you enter the URL for the app in the Chrome Browser, does it connect to the app?

If it doesnt, compare the proxy settings at recording time to the proxy settings of IE at recording time.  I don't use Chrome so not sure how to check the proxy settings, but for IE its Tools -> Internet options then Connections tab then Lan Settings