Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-10T18:48:47Z by bisnauat
jperkins71
jperkins71
1 Post

Pinned topic Silent installation of PurifyPlus is not completely silent

‏2012-07-20T16:53:50Z |
I am attempting to set up a silent installation of PurifyPlus on Windows 7 computers to distribute via Configuration Manager.

PurifyPlus installation docs at ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/rationalsdp/v7/purify/701/docs/ppl_install.pdf refer me to the IBM Installation Manager docs at http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r2/index.jsp which talks about the process of recording a response file, then using the Installation Manager to install the product.

I have been able to create a response file for the package, and it does most of the installation silently, but then it opens the IBM Rational License Key Administrator. I need this program to install opening no windows at all.

If necessary, I can set the registry keys in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Rational Software\Licensing\1.0\Server to set where the FlexLM license server is. Docs for the Installation Manager mention being able to add a license option file in the response file, although I have not been able to find any documentation on format an required/optional bits in that file.

Questions:
  • is it possible to just disable the IBM Rational License Key Administrator after installation?
  • is there any documentation available for the license option file referenced in the IBM Installation Manager docs?

John
Updated on 2012-07-21T13:38:13Z at 2012-07-21T13:38:13Z by Powell
  • Powell
    Powell
    51 Posts

Re: Silent installation of PurifyPlus is not completely silent

‏2012-07-21T13:38:13Z  
    You asked: is there any documentation available for the license option file referenced in the IBM Installation Manager docs?

The Installation Manager, IM, license configuration mechanism is only used for two purposes:
    1. Installing Try/Buy license activation kits (not related to flex)
    2. Configuring the location to an existing flex license server

Your use case is installing the IBM Rational License Key Administrator which does not relate to those use cases, sorry

Are you saying that during the execution of the IM's silent response file for the IBM Rational License Key Administrator package that a window pops up? Can you provide the response file to reproduce this behavior?
  • bisnauat
    bisnauat
    1 Post

Re: Silent installation of PurifyPlus is not completely silent

‏2013-05-10T18:48:47Z  

Hi jperkins71,

I do not know if you found the answer to your question yet but I just came across the same issue when setting up PurifyPlus 7.0.1 in SCCM.  I found the following ifix, http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM09081.