3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-23T13:18:52Z by kevintap
Shikharani
Shikharani
29 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic New portlet Installation on portal server

‏2012-07-20T06:49:16Z |
Hi,

I am working on WPF 7.0 and Websphere portal server 6.1. We are building war file of our application on Build server. I have created 2 new portlet and transferred them at build server. portlet.xml and web.xml is generated dynamically by portletwar.xml.
But in portlet.xml entry for new portlet is not coming.Do I need to perform any other step apart from adding modal file As portlet.xml and web.xml is generating dynamically.

Please help me out..
Updated on 2012-07-23T13:18:52Z at 2012-07-23T13:18:52Z by kevintap
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: New portlet Installation on portal server

‏2012-07-20T12:35:43Z  in response to Shikharani
    If you have a WEB-INF/models/ExternalModelProperties.xml file on your build server, I'd suggest deleting that file and re-running the build of the WAR file. The ExternalModelProperties.xml file is a cache of various properties, including identifying which model files in your project contain Portlet Adapter builders. This cache in ExternalModelProperties.xml should be automatically updated when the WAR file is built by the build script, but this automatic rebuilding of the cache may not be working properly on your build server. (I'm not entirely sure why.) Deleting ExternalModelProperties.xml is safe and will force the build server to re-build a fresh copy.
    • Shikharani
      Shikharani
      29 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-23T06:50:19Z  in response to kevintap
      Hi,

No ExternalModalProperties.xml is not there on build server. One finding I have is.. In portalet.xml of my local the class is coming as

<portlet-class>com.bowstreet.portlet.adapter.WebAppRunnerPortlet286</portlet-class>

but on build server created portlet.xml the entry is

<portlet-class>com.bowstreet.portlet.adapter.WebAppRunnerPortlet</portlet-class>

Is it the issue... but I dont knw from where to chnage it.

Thanks

Shikha
      • kevintap
        kevintap
        111 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-23T13:18:52Z  in response to Shikharani
        The WAR file being built by your build server is a JSR-168 WAR. I would suggest taking a look at the sample build script that is included with the project in .deployment/buildsample. This build script demonstrates how to build a JSR-168 and a JSR-286 WAR from your project. Specifically, here's the target that creates a JSR-286 WAR file.

<!-- build 286 portlet war, and give it a 

new name. --> <ant antfile=
        "${webcontent.location}/projectDeploy.xml" target=
        "buildPortletWar" > <property name=
        "wpf.portletapi.target" value=
        "build286StandardPortletWar"/> <property name=
        "wpf.portalversion" value=
        "7.0"/> <property name=
        "project.name" value=
        "${project.name}286"/> </ant>