Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-09T02:31:39Z by Bartholomew
F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Barcode reading in iOS BPM App

‏2012-07-20T05:47:05Z |
Hello guys!

We are developing a solution that requires reading a UPC barcode for a patient in a BPM mobile coach.
Using the current BPM App we are not able to "manipulate" the photos taken, currently added only as process attachments.

The option to manipulate the photo and identify a barcode is only given using an Apache Cordova plugin in a hybrid custom app.
So, for now, our only option is creating a custom hybrid app with Sencha Touch or Dojo and package it with Cordova, while interacting with BPM Process Manager via the REST API.

Any plans for this kind of support in the out of the box app?
Any ideas on how to implement this other than our proposed one?

Best,

Nicolas E.
Updated on 2012-08-28T19:42:10Z at 2012-08-28T19:42:10Z by alette
  • alette
    alette
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Barcode reading in iOS BPM App

‏2012-08-28T19:42:10Z  in response to F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
    Hi Nicolas,

I passed this information on to the product manager for the app so that he is aware of this type of requirement.
    If I hear back from him about this, I will let you know.

Regards,
    Ann
  • arronlee
    arronlee
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-09T10:04:52Z  in response to F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria

Hi, Nicolas. I have no idea about your problem. But I have to say it's a great idea on Barcode Reading.

I am still a newbie here. As for myself, I used to read barcodes with the help of another Barcode Reader SDK.

It is just one of many but I do appreciate its simple way of processing.

Besides,  this barcode site gives a lot of choices for report barcoding project.

Even though I only tried its free trial package to read barcodes and didn′t check the cost and licensing conditions, it works great for me.

Share with you. I hope you can success with your great mind.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

Updated on 2013-07-09T10:06:12Z at 2013-07-09T10:06:12Z by arronlee
    • isaac991
      isaac991
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-13T06:50:05Z  in response to arronlee

Would you like to use a third party barcode control? I know a professional barcode site. Various barcode readers app can be found there. And rich barcode generators are also provided there, including barcode app for iOS. I used their one UPC barcode reader before. Not bad. It helped me a lot in my work.

• jane313
        jane313
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-05T06:59:11Z  in response to isaac991

Would you like to use a third party barcode control? I know a professional barcode site. Various barcode readers app can be found there. And rich barcode generators are also provided there, including barcode app for iOS. I used their one UPC barcode reader before. Not bad. It helped me a lot in my work.

does it work for ios?

Updated on 2013-12-05T06:59:44Z at 2013-12-05T06:59:44Z by jane313
  • anthonyzz
    anthonyzz
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-15T04:11:20Z  in response to F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria

f you are building a barcode-aware application for iOS, I encourage you to look this barcode generator guide. You'll find everything you need to get started. It also includes the source code for two demo apps which you can use as a reference or as a starting point for your own application.

• Bartholomew
      Bartholomew
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-09T02:31:39Z  in response to anthonyzz

For barcode reading in IOS application, it can be handled like on PC. All you need to do is search and install a IOS system compatible image barcode reading control which allows you to transform your IOS device into a barcode scanner to decode and read linear and 2d barcodes from image or document. Also, this is the compliant barcode generator for for image and document file.

Updated on 2013-12-09T02:34:27Z at 2013-12-09T02:34:27Z by Bartholomew