• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-20T15:01:54Z by Neeraj Sinha
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
344 Posts

Pinned topic MDM v10 Workbench set up

‏2012-07-19T19:21:14Z | mdm-migration
I'm running Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, service pack 3
RAD v8.0.4 (8.0.4000.RADO804-I20111108_1151)
and trying to install
IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management Server Workbench Version 10.0.0 (10.0.0.201202170611)

Using installation manager, the final screen says the packages are installed. But, viewing the log tells a different story--The message says 85 files have been downloaded but could not be verified as no checksums found.

Do I need a new version of workbench? How can I correct this?

thank you
diane
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    344 Posts

Re: MDM v10 Workbench set up

‏2012-07-20T09:06:25Z  
    Hi,

I'm not aware of any problems with the installation of MDM Workbench v10, and if Installation Manager says it was successful, it probably was.

Try launching RAD. From the main menu, click Help - About - Installation Details. In the Installed Software list, you should be able to find Infosphere Master Data Management Workbench, which confirms successful installation.

You can also check that the expected wizards, help documentation etc is all present.

Hope that helps, Catherine.
  • Neeraj Sinha
    Neeraj Sinha
    1 Post

Re: MDM v10 Workbench set up

‏2012-07-20T15:01:54Z  
    Hi,

I'm not aware of any problems with the installation of MDM Workbench v10, and if Installation Manager says it was successful, it probably was.

Try launching RAD. From the main menu, click Help - About - Installation Details. In the Installed Software list, you should be able to find Infosphere Master Data Management Workbench, which confirms successful installation.

You can also check that the expected wizards, help documentation etc is all present.

Hope that helps, Catherine.
    Diane,

I believe, Log file just highlighting the Warning message. As long as you are not seeing any "ERROR" on the log, you should be good to go with the customization of MDM Server (Addition , Extension, etc...). I have also installed MDM Server V10 along with Workbench and the same warning appeared to me as well. I did not find any issue while doing Extension, Addition, composite etc.. however my workbench version is little different from you.

I would recommend to do a quick customization such as Data Addition/Extension and see, if you can validate the extended Model and generate Extension code. As long as you are able to generate the code, you should not worry about the Warning message.

Possible reason for the warning could be , when MDM Workbench is downloaded on Window (When RSA/RAD extract files to some temp file), the Check Sum command may not be valid on Window (Could be valid for another OS (Unix or AIX)) and possible that could lead to throw the Warning message. But not sure.

I am attaching the similar Screen shot when I installed MDM Workbench v10.

Hope this should help you.
    Thank you
    Neeraj Sinha