• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-13T09:39:09Z by CharlesJS
CharlesJS
CharlesJS
2 Posts

Pinned topic User ID has changed, however has tasks assigned

‏2012-07-18T10:04:25Z |
Good day all,

I have a user who's user id has changed. She has a number of checked out objects for which I have updated the ownership using the procedure outlined in the following white paper http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21419794. However she wants to delete four objects (of a number) associated with a task assigned to the "old user id" Synergy wont allow this and says the work area is not visible. Is there a way I can just remove the four objects?

Thank you in advance
Charles Janssen Schmidt
Updated on 2012-08-13T09:39:09Z at 2012-08-13T09:39:09Z by CharlesJS
  • David.Honey
    David.Honey
    176 Posts

Re: User ID has changed, however has tasks assigned

‏2012-07-24T09:31:13Z  
    Hi Charles,

It sounds like there are two separate issues:
    1) Disassociating the working objects from the task. I don't think the work area will be involved in that, so this should be possible. But the user will need modify access to the task.
    2) Deleting the working objects when they are members of a project requires that the user has write access to the project, and if the project has a maintained work area that the user's client has visibility of and write acess to that work area location. If you don't want the contents of these objects, you could try turning work area maintenance off, then delete the objects, then turn the work area maintenance on again. That should also remove the relation from the user's task to those objects providing the task is modifiable by the user.

Best regards,
    David.
  • CharlesJS
    CharlesJS
    2 Posts

Re: User ID has changed, however has tasks assigned

‏2012-08-13T09:39:09Z  
    Hi Charles,

It sounds like there are two separate issues:
    1) Disassociating the working objects from the task. I don't think the work area will be involved in that, so this should be possible. But the user will need modify access to the task.
    2) Deleting the working objects when they are members of a project requires that the user has write access to the project, and if the project has a maintained work area that the user's client has visibility of and write acess to that work area location. If you don't want the contents of these objects, you could try turning work area maintenance off, then delete the objects, then turn the work area maintenance on again. That should also remove the relation from the user's task to those objects providing the task is modifiable by the user.

Best regards,
    David.
    Thank you David for the reply, I will take this up with the user once the vacations are over!

Regards
    Charles Janssen Schmidt