Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-02T20:14:40Z by jim_zhang
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
300 Posts

Pinned topic [Answered] Co-install WL Studio and RTC?

‏2012-07-17T16:01:19Z |
Are there any instructions on how to co-install Worklight Studio/Developer Edition and Rational Team Concert?

Everything I have tried has resulted in a functional RTC and a non-functional WL Studio (all of the WL views and menu options are gone)
  • shu1
    shu1
    3 Posts

Re: Co-install WL Studio and RTC?

‏2012-07-24T07:27:07Z  
    In my environment the following combination is working for RTC 3.0.1.x server and Worklight Studio 5.0.0.1 dev edition.

Steps to install:

1. Download and prepare install images.
    • Oracle (Sun) JDK 6.0 - from oracle.com
    • Eclipse 3.6.2 IDE for Java EE Developer (Helios SR2) - from eclipse.org
    • Worklight Studio 5.0 Developer Edition (download p2 Install Repository: iws-update-site-wde-5.0.0.x.zip) - from ibm.com
    • Rational Team Concert 3.0.1.x Client for Eclipse (p2 Install Repository: RTC-Client-p2Repo-3.0.1.3.zip) - from jazz.net

2. install Oracle JDK
    3. Extract Eclipse IDE for Java EE 3.6.2 zip, launch the eclipse with Oracle JDK
    2. using "Help > Install New Software ...", install Worklight Studio plugin from worklight studio plugin zip archive, then restart.
    3. again using "Help > Install New Software ...", install RTC Client plugin (extend for an Eclipse installation) from RTC p2 install zip archive, then restart.
    4. Enjoy "Work Items" perspective for RTC and "Design" perspective for Worklight.
  • shu1
    shu1
    3 Posts

‏2012-07-24T07:34:01Z  
    • shu1
    • ‏2012-07-24T07:27:07Z
    In my environment the following combination is working for RTC 3.0.1.x server and Worklight Studio 5.0.0.1 dev edition.

Steps to install:

• Worklight Studio 5.0 Developer Edition (download p2 Install Repository: iws-update-site-wde-5.0.0.x.zip) - from ibm.com
    • Rational Team Concert 3.0.1.x Client for Eclipse (p2 Install Repository: RTC-Client-p2Repo-3.0.1.3.zip) - from jazz.net

2. install Oracle JDK
    3. Extract Eclipse IDE for Java EE 3.6.2 zip, launch the eclipse with Oracle JDK
    2. using "Help > Install New Software ...", install Worklight Studio plugin from worklight studio plugin zip archive, then restart.
    3. again using "Help > Install New Software ...", install RTC Client plugin (extend for an Eclipse installation) from RTC p2 install zip archive, then restart.
    4. Enjoy "Work Items" perspective for RTC and "Design" perspective for Worklight.
    Sorry for poor format..., let me fix.

In my environment, with the following steps, the RTC 3.0.1.x server and Worklight Studio 5.0.0.1 dev edition is working in Win7 environment.

Steps to install:

2. install Oracle JDK
    4. using "Help > Install New Software ...", install Worklight Studio plugin from worklight studio plugin zip archive, then restart.
    5. again using "Help > Install New Software ...", install RTC Client plugin (extend for an Eclipse installation) from RTC p2 install zip archive, then restart.
    6. Enjoy "Work Items" perspective for RTC and "Design" perspective for Worklight.
  • shu1
    shu1
    3 Posts

‏2012-07-24T08:10:26Z  
    • shu1
    • ‏2012-07-24T07:34:01Z
    Sorry for poor format..., let me fix.

In my environment, with the following steps, the RTC 3.0.1.x server and Worklight Studio 5.0.0.1 dev edition is working in Win7 environment.

Steps to install:

2. install Oracle JDK
    4. using "Help > Install New Software ...", install Worklight Studio plugin from worklight studio plugin zip archive, then restart.
    5. again using "Help > Install New Software ...", install RTC Client plugin (extend for an Eclipse installation) from RTC p2 install zip archive, then restart.
    6. Enjoy "Work Items" perspective for RTC and "Design" perspective for Worklight.
    I'm not sure why the wiki format is not working... As a workaround I have posted the same contents to the dW community wiki.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wiki/Mobile%20Development%20with%20Rational/page/Install%20RTC%20Client%20with%20Worklight%20Studio
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-08-02T14:43:44Z  
    • shu1
    • ‏2012-07-24T08:10:26Z
    I'm not sure why the wiki format is not working... As a workaround I have posted the same contents to the dW community wiki.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wiki/Mobile%20Development%20with%20Rational/page/Install%20RTC%20Client%20with%20Worklight%20Studio
    I had been trying to install RTC 4. I still don't know whether that is a problem, but I found a way to install RTC 3.0.1.

The key is the install order: WL, RTC, ADT.

If I install it: WL, ADT, RTC then the install of RTC (any version) kills the WL functionality.

For now I have a working configuration. No telling what will happen when any of those plugins releases their next update.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-08-02T15:18:34Z  
    I had been trying to install RTC 4. I still don't know whether that is a problem, but I found a way to install RTC 3.0.1.

The key is the install order: WL, RTC, ADT.

If I install it: WL, ADT, RTC then the install of RTC (any version) kills the WL functionality.

For now I have a working configuration. No telling what will happen when any of those plugins releases their next update.
    Hey David,

I fought with this myself for a few days. Might be too late for you, but I think we have right dance now for mac and windows with RTC 3.0.1 (Windows is in a comment)

ClearBlade Blog post

Aaron Allsbrook
    ClearBlade Mobile Lead
  • jim_zhang
    jim_zhang
    1 Post

‏2012-08-02T20:14:40Z  
    Hey David,

I fought with this myself for a few days. Might be too late for you, but I think we have right dance now for mac and windows with RTC 3.0.1 (Windows is in a comment)

ClearBlade Blog post

Aaron Allsbrook
    ClearBlade Mobile Lead
    hi this is a known problem and has been documented in Worklight 5.0 Installation Guide (although it's kind of buried).

the summary is this:
    • the problem only happens if you install RTC first, then Worklight Studio. if you install Studio first then RTC, no problem
    • when this happens, there's an easy workaround: go to the command line and launch eclipse with "-clean". this only needs to be done one time per install. subsequent launches don't need the "-clean" switch anymore.