Hi,

We have WSRR 7.5 installed on Windows 2008 R2 SP1
Name IBM WebSphere Application Server - ND
Version 7.0.0.17
Architecture Intel (32 bit)

Name IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
Version 7.5.0.0
Architecture Intel (32 bit)

For different level of access control, we have created some users through WAS admin console on federated repository. And mapped these users to the roles/permission created and avaialble in the WSRR Web UI. For now we are using the provided governance profile.

Roles available in the WSRR Web UI:-
Business
WSRRAdmin
WSRRUser
SOAGovernance
Development
Operations

We are trying to configure some user id, so that while logging in the WSRR Web UI, the user should not have the configuration perspective and should have just operations or development perspective. But even though we mapped the user with only Operations / Development roles, while loging, we can see the configuration perspective as well.

I also tried different popssibilities of mapping security roles to user/group mapping for ServiceRegistry application but of no help.

I would like to know how i can map the Perspective with the roles/user, so that configuration perspective should not be there for some user.

Thanks.
Sumit
Updated on 2012-10-19T06:37:26Z at 2012-10-19T06:37:26Z by SystemAdmin
  • johnduffell
    johnduffell
    9 Posts

Re: default configuration perspective for all users

‏2012-07-17T15:14:54Z  
    Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your question.

The Configuration perspective is a built in definition which is independent of the contents of your profile. In my experience testing the product, all users which are mapped to the J2EE Administrator role have this perspective. Check this in the Admin console of the Application Server under the ServiceRegistry application. You may find that All authenticated users have the Administrator role.

If you have any more problems, please reply here!

John Duffell, Test, WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
  • sinhaks
    sinhaks
    3 Posts

‏2012-07-18T08:36:55Z  
    Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your question.

The Configuration perspective is a built in definition which is independent of the contents of your profile. In my experience testing the product, all users which are mapped to the J2EE Administrator role have this perspective. Check this in the Admin console of the Application Server under the ServiceRegistry application. You may find that All authenticated users have the Administrator role.

If you have any more problems, please reply here!

Hi John,

Thanks for your time & reply.

As per the WSRR Documentation, i came to understand this point, I then mapped the J2EE Administartor role to only one of the user. (If I am not wrong, by default if there is no users/groups mapped to the J2EE Administrator role for ServiceRegistry application in the WAS console, all users created in the WAS will be having the J2EE Administrator role for the application)

But even after mapping only one user with the J2EE Administartor role, other users are still getting configuration perspective. I also tried mapping one of the other user with User role, but still it's having configuration perspective in the WSRR Web UI.

Attaching the J2EE Administrator role screen shot for ServiceRegistry application. (While logging with the user "sumit" which is mapped to "User" role in the application, i am getting configuration perspective.)

It looks there could one of the two possibilites: - either I am missing some configuration for J2EE role mapping for serviceRegistry application or the mapping to the J2EE roles is not getting updated in the WAS/installedApp/serviceRegisttry.ear files. Not sure the users/groups role mapping is updated in which file.

Thanks,
    Sumit
  • johnduffell
    johnduffell
    9 Posts

‏2012-07-18T08:56:42Z  
    • sinhaks
    • ‏2012-07-18T08:36:55Z
    Hi John,

Thanks for your time & reply.

As per the WSRR Documentation, i came to understand this point, I then mapped the J2EE Administartor role to only one of the user. (If I am not wrong, by default if there is no users/groups mapped to the J2EE Administrator role for ServiceRegistry application in the WAS console, all users created in the WAS will be having the J2EE Administrator role for the application)

But even after mapping only one user with the J2EE Administartor role, other users are still getting configuration perspective. I also tried mapping one of the other user with User role, but still it's having configuration perspective in the WSRR Web UI.

Attaching the J2EE Administrator role screen shot for ServiceRegistry application. (While logging with the user "sumit" which is mapped to "User" role in the application, i am getting configuration perspective.)

It looks there could one of the two possibilites: - either I am missing some configuration for J2EE role mapping for serviceRegistry application or the mapping to the J2EE roles is not getting updated in the WAS/installedApp/serviceRegisttry.ear files. Not sure the users/groups role mapping is updated in which file.

Thanks,
    Sumit
    Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the screenshot, that is really helpful.

As I can see, All authenticated users have the Administrator role (look under Special Subjects column)

To fix, tick Administrator, click Map Special Subjects and select None. Then Save the settings, and the problem should be solved!

Let me know if you still have trouble. John

• sinhaks
    sinhaks
    3 Posts

‏2012-07-18T12:33:36Z  
    Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the screenshot, that is really helpful.

As I can see, All authenticated users have the Administrator role (look under Special Subjects column)

To fix, tick Administrator, click Map Special Subjects and select None. Then Save the settings, and the problem should be solved!

Let me know if you still have trouble. John

Hi John,

Thanks alot. Your suggestion resolved my querry. :)

With option None selected, i am only getting the configuration perspective for the mapped user to J2EE Administrator role, and other users are not having configuration perspective.

Thanks Again. :)
    Sumit
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    141 Posts

‏2012-10-19T06:37:26Z  
    • sinhaks
    • ‏2012-07-18T12:33:36Z
    Hi John,

Thanks alot. Your suggestion resolved my querry. :)

With option None selected, i am only getting the configuration perspective for the mapped user to J2EE Administrator role, and other users are not having configuration perspective.

Thanks Again. :)
    Sumit
    Hi,

I am new to WSRR.I am using WSRR studio 7.5 and WAS 7.0.0.17.I have created the sample cafe baker scenario in WSRR and while trying to add groups to the user,I am not able to add any.I am not sure how to create a new group.Is there a way to create groups just like creating roles and permissions in studio?Any links or suggestions will help me.

I want to add two groups cafes and Bakers.Pls suggest me.

Also attaching a screenshot of WSRR administrative console.PLs Advice how to proceed creation groups thru the console.