IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-17T16:21:16Z by parthiban_balraj
parthiban_balraj
parthiban_balraj
8 Posts

Pinned topic Can we Playback the same Robotic script on two different time interval

‏2012-07-17T14:14:17Z |
Can any one help me on this q?----it is possible to playback the same robotic scripts with differnt interval time on two different Robotic agents.

For eg: i created profile for an application xxxx and i given 5 min Time interval to playback it and distribute to two robotic agents...the problem here his the application can not able to login simultanous..so one of the robotic agent get failed on playback,so it is possible to run the script on both robot without changing the profile name.

Am using Rational Robot 7.0.2 for recording script and using last version of ITM 6.2.2 & ITCAM 7.20 enviornment.
Updated on 2012-07-17T16:21:16Z at 2012-07-17T16:21:16Z by parthiban_balraj
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

Re: Can we Playback the same Robotic script on two different time interval

‏2012-07-17T14:42:41Z  
    Using a single profile you can't synch playback between two different agents (indeed, you can't not even with two profiles).
    Playbacks are independent on each agent, you have some chance to synch about different playback on same machine, but not same playback on different machines.
    The trick I would use is to config the two T6 agents using one retry to attempt and giving a proper lag time between retires (greater then the avg full scenario playback) so that:
    • machine 1 will logon happily and play the scenarion
    • machine 2 will fail, then wait for lag time and then try again (and by then machine 1 should be already logged out)
    I expect you will have to try and customize the system to avoid first failure to be reported as a real failure/situation on portal.
    Another way could be to use datapools to define username, so you can reuse the same script with two different user ids, but of course that would imply different profiles
  • parthiban_balraj
    parthiban_balraj
    8 Posts

Re: Can we Playback the same Robotic script on two different time interval

‏2012-07-17T16:21:16Z  
    Using a single profile you can't synch playback between two different agents (indeed, you can't not even with two profiles).
    Playbacks are independent on each agent, you have some chance to synch about different playback on same machine, but not same playback on different machines.
    The trick I would use is to config the two T6 agents using one retry to attempt and giving a proper lag time between retires (greater then the avg full scenario playback) so that:
    • machine 1 will logon happily and play the scenarion
    • machine 2 will fail, then wait for lag time and then try again (and by then machine 1 should be already logged out)
    I expect you will have to try and customize the system to avoid first failure to be reported as a real failure/situation on portal.
    Another way could be to use datapools to define username, so you can reuse the same script with two different user ids, but of course that would imply different profiles
    Hi Enrico,

Your trick work for me thank a lot :)