3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-25T21:36:50Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
254 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Axis2 Version Service failure in ICIS v8.6.0.1

‏2012-07-14T09:02:12Z |
Dear All,

I have installed and configured IBM Filenet P8 v5.0(CEv5.0,PEv5.0,Workplace XTv1.1.5, WASv7.0.0.21).
I have installed ICIS v8.6.0.0 and updated fix pack 1 on the same machine.
Created RMIBridge using the connector wizard. Test Connection status is success.
I have installed vbr_soa.war in WASv7.0.0.21.

While checking the vbr_soa application, I am getting the following error.

Examining Version Service

There was a problem in Axis2 version service , may be the service not available or some thing has gone wrong. But this does not mean system is not working ! Try to upload some other service and check to see whether it is working.

PFA, the log file for server1.

Kindly give the suggestion to correct this error.
Regards,
Nehrukannan.R
Updated on 2012-07-25T21:36:50Z at 2012-07-25T21:36:50Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Axis2 Version Service failure in ICIS v8.6.0.1

‏2012-07-16T05:11:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi All,

I found the error.

Please do the following steps to avoid the error.

Place the axis2-1.4.1.jar in <PROFILE_ROOT>\installedApps\<CELLNAME>\vbr_soa_war.ear\vbr_soa.war\WEB-INF\lib

1. Add vbr.home Java property with the value of ICI_HOME for use of deployed applications and your application server. If you are using WebSphere® Application Server, you can create a new custom JVM property in the administration console. Go to Application servers > Server_name > Java and Process Management > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom Properties. For more information on how to add Java properties, see your Web server or application server documentation.
    Deploy the vbr_soa.war file on your Web or application server. If you are using WebSphere Application Server, follow these steps to configure the WAR file by using the WebSphere administration console:
    Go to Applications > Enterprise Applications > New Application and accept all default settings.
    For the context root, specify a value to identify your Web services application. For example, if you use vbr_soa as the context root, the URL is: http://IP_ADDRESS:PORT_NUMBER/vbr_soa
    Save your configuration.
    2. Do the following steps to configure the WAR file using the WebSphere administration console.
    Go to Application > Applications Type > WebSphere enterprise applications.
    Select the Web application you created.
    Select Class loading and update detection in Detailed properties field.
    Select Class loaded with local class loader first (parent last) in the Class loader order field.
    Select Single class loader for application in the Single class loader for application field.
    Apply and save the changes.
    Restart the Web server or application server.
    3. Verify that the IBM Content Integrator SOA Web service is successfully deployed. Open the Axis2 Welcome Page: http://IP_ADDRESS:PORT_NUMBER/vbr_soa
    Click Validate to ensure a correct Axis2 deployment.
    Click Services to ensure a correct SOAService deployment.

This will work.

Regards,
    Nehrukannan.R
    • ecpeters
      ecpeters
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-18T04:12:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you for posting your findings for others.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        254 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-25T21:36:50Z  in response to ecpeters
        Also see our IC for the complete set of instructions to deploy SOA ->

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ce/v8r6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.discovery.ci.appdev.doc%2Fcdnap019.htm