• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-16T07:55:47Z by CRFB_didem_okuyan
8 Posts

Pinned topic not able to get sql call results from a method

‏2012-07-13T07:06:11Z |
hello everybody,
I'm with you with another question. I create a datasource in my server and I can reach it from web experience factory by using a sql call, service operation and definition builders. but I want to use webAppAccess interface in a method to reach the same values.I use a sql call and a method(return type is IXml) which will return IXml d = (IXml)webAppAccess.processAction("callInvoke");(callInvoke is my sql call's method). I choose return type as callTransformSchema/RowSet/Row(because I know a sql call' results has this hierarchy. there is no error while running but Icant reach any result too. colons returns with null value. can you help me about this.

Updated on 2012-07-16T07:55:47Z at 2012-07-16T07:55:47Z by CRFB_didem_okuyan
  • mburati
    425 Posts

Re: not able to get sql call results from a method

• If you call this same data service from an action list (eg, pick Data Services -> call -> execute ) does it return anything?

- Try turning on SQL logging in the SQL Builder (under the Events and Logging section) so it'll log the sql statements (in the deployed WAR's WEB-INF/logs folder) when it runs, so you see what's happening there.

- Try sticking a println before your processAction call (to be sure you're getting there) and then one after it to print out the results it's getting at that point.

• DGawron
    76 Posts

You may have a schema type mismatch. SQL Call will return an XML result with a top element of RowSet regardless of how many rows are in the result set. You mentioned that the method declares it's XML schema return type to be callTransformSchema/RowSet/Row. Make sure the method is using the IXml interface to return the first Row under RowSet rather than the whole RowSet structure.
  • CRFB_didem_okuyan
    8 Posts

I can reach the database from model which contains sql call it is not about the datasource. The problem was about IXml type I change it and the problem solved it mustn't be callForAnketTransformSchema/RowSet/Row it must be callForAnketTransformSchema/RowSet. I couldn't see this point before thanks a lot for your help.