4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-25T13:18:41Z by KalyaniJ
KalyaniJ
KalyaniJ
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Using Information Analyzer Report from custom apps

‏2012-07-12T13:51:16Z |
Hi,

I would like to be able to pass parameters and generate an IA report from an app/Cognos Report.

My approach is to create a report with "unbound" parameters and embed the link to this report, within my application/Cognos Report. If the user clicks on this link, at runtime, I would like to automatically fill in the required inputs for each of the unbound parameters (from values available on the Cognos report / to the app) and then execute the report & display the results.

However I have a couple of issues:

(1) When I try to create a report from a standard template with "Unbound" parameters as defined in the UserGuide, I am unable to save the report.
(2) Unable to link to a saved report & then execute it - on clicking the link, am taken to the WebConsole and presented with the list of all Reports ... how can I automatically execute the required report

Is there an alternate approach to linking an IA report into a custom app?

Thanks & Regards,
Kalyani
Updated on 2012-07-25T13:18:41Z at 2012-07-25T13:18:41Z by KalyaniJ
  • smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Using Information Analyzer Report from custom apps

‏2012-07-12T15:02:53Z  in response to KalyaniJ
    While you can execute an existing report using the IAReport CLI, it does not support creation of a report from the report templates.
    For handling dynamically generated requests, the only current option is to retrieve data from IA using the API functionality.

Harald
    • KalyaniJ
      KalyaniJ
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-12T16:00:28Z  in response to smithha
      Harald,

I am only trying to use an existing report, but with unbound parameters

Issues are
      (i) unable to save a report with unbound parameters
      (ii) unable to link directly to a report for a user to execute - am only able to either link to the webconsole from where they need to choose the report etc (or) link to the result of a report execution (which will not work for me)

Thanks & Regards,
      Kalyani
      • smithha
        smithha
        162 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-12T16:28:38Z  in response to KalyaniJ
        Unfortunately, you can't create/save unbounded reports.
        The only option for external report execution is the use of the IAJob CLI noted here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r7/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.ia.schedule.doc/topics/dq_command_line_interface.html

That includes the following option: -runReports async report_identifier
        But the report must already be created/saved and must include defined parameters.

Harald
        • KalyaniJ
          KalyaniJ
          19 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-25T13:18:41Z  in response to smithha
          I tried using the http & CLI requests to directly get the Output of a rule execution - I get the output data as rows in 8.5, however get blank rows in 8.7 - what could be the issue?

http://192.168.168.115:9080/InformationAnalyzer/executableRule/outputTable?projectName=MyProj&ruleName=MyTestRule&executionID=5

IAAdmin -user usr -password pwd -host 192.168.168.115 -port 9080 -csv -output /tmp/RuleExecResult_87.csv -getOutputTable -projectName MyProj -ruleName MyTestRule -executionID 5

Thanks & Regards,
          Kalyani