6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-13T16:22:57Z by PingLu
PingLu
PingLu
44 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Question in FTP activities

‏2012-07-10T19:14:28Z |
Hi,

Our current CastIron project requires to get files from different FTP server directories. My question is if there is any way to assign server directories path to those FTP activities at run-time. From what I can see, for either the Poll Directory Activity or the Get File Activity, we have to hardcode the Directory Path. Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-07-13T16:22:57Z at 2012-07-13T16:22:57Z by PingLu
  • Sathya400
    Sathya400
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Question in FTP activities

‏2012-07-10T22:38:32Z  in response to PingLu
    On the Get File activity-->Configure-->From Directory is the place where you can specify the directory name. Also you can assign it to variable which can be changed in orchestration. Hope this helps. Thanks - Sathya
    • PingLu
      PingLu
      44 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-11T13:15:44Z  in response to Sathya400
      Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But I'm still wondering how you can assign a variable to the configuration? We can specify either a static value or a configuration property to the Directory. Can you teach me how to assign a variable to this field. Thank you.
      • Sathya400
        Sathya400
        13 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-11T15:07:23Z  in response to PingLu
        On the From Directory text box, click the tiny green round icon which will allow you to create configuration property with current value. This value can be edited in the run time environment from WMC.
        • PingLu
          PingLu
          44 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-11T16:48:16Z  in response to Sathya400
          My question is that I need to assign a value to the Directory path when the orchestration is running.

So for example, the orchestration needs to get files from different folders, so I need to assign the different directory paths to the Get File activity's Directory field. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean.
        • PingLu
          PingLu
          44 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-11T16:51:26Z  in response to Sathya400
          So I can not find a way to dynamically assign a value to the Direcotry in either Get File Activity or the Poll Directory Activity. Configuration property is still static to my scenario.
          • PingLu
            PingLu
            44 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-13T16:22:57Z  in response to PingLu
            Figured out the solution, in the Map Input of Get File Activity, right click in the pane of activity, and click show optional parameters, there is a directory parameter.