8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-13T18:20:52Z by DonCarr
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
329 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Sandbox

‏2012-07-10T12:07:32Z |
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Ilog Jrule, unfortunately you don't seem to have the option of a trial version anymore. I tried downloading the citrix receiver but I couldn't find any instructions on how to use it - I don't know what to put in the address url - I haven't used citrix for years.
Do I need a citrix login as well to use the sandbox trial?

Thanks.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    329 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Sandbox

‏2012-07-10T13:00:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Please follow the directions in the sandbox exercise here:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/soasandbox/wodm.html

These instructions describe how to download and install Citrix:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/soasandbox/citrix.html

I think the documentation will step you through how to use it. Post
    another message if you're still having trouble.

Robin Langford
    developerWorks software evaluations
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      329 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-10T15:06:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

Thanks for the response.
      I cannot get the first option for the rules exercise to highlight - seems to be disabled.

I tried the second one and that just spends forever trying to connect to:

http://198.81.193.64:10083/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

And then goes nowhere.

What's going wrong.
      • DonCarr
        DonCarr
        45 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-10T16:26:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hello,

When you say "I cannot get the first option for the rules exercise to highlight," what are you referring to?

Did you have problems working the exercise AFTER it opened in the Citrix window? I am assuming you are starting the WebSphere Operational Decision Management exercise. After registering, you should see one icon in the metaframe window entitled: WebSphere Operational Decision Management (see attached file).

When you click on the icon, the software and exercise instructions open in Citrix Receiver. The individual exercise instructions are embedded in the main overview text. When you scroll through this text you will see links to open the exercise instructions. Exercise 1 is Understanding Business Rules. Is this the link (option) you were having problems starting?

If yes, how soon after the image opened did you try and click on the link? If your image was still starting up, some options are not functional until all background processed have completed.

Also, if your firewall is causing Citrix to disconnect from the server, can you adjust your firewall settings / policy to allow access to remote sites? When you say "the second one spends forever trying to connect to . . ." it sounds as if your connection to our server may be interrupted.

The following ports must be open in the firewall to allow Citrix internet traffic to pass through to communicate with the Citrix Server:

TCP/IP Port 1494 (INBOUND)
        Important note: In environments where Session Reliability is enabled, TCP/IP port 2598 replaces port 1494 as the port that the ICA protocol uses. See this blog post for more detail.
        TCP/IP Port 443 (INBOUND & OUTBOUND)
        UDP Port 1604 (INBOUND & OUTBOUND)

To reconfigure the Windows XP SP2 firewall to allow Citrix traffic to pass through:

Click Start, Run, and enter wscui.cpl.
        Click the Windows Firewall icon.
        The Windows Firewall window is displayed.
        Make sure Don’t allow exceptions is deselected.
        From the Exceptions tab, click Add Port.
        The Add a Port dialog box is displayed. Enter any name in the Name field, enter 1494 in the Port field, and select TCP.
        Repeat to add ports 443 (TCP) and 1604 (UDP).
        Click Exit to exit Windows Firewall setup.
        Log on to the Citrix Server again.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          329 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-13T15:25:26Z  in response to DonCarr
          Thanks managed to add the ports to the firewall and it all worked.
          Thanks all for your help.
          • DonCarr
            DonCarr
            45 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-13T18:20:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Excellent! We are glad to hear you can connect and remain so. We hope you find the exercise informative and helpful.

Regards,

Don
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-10T14:39:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,

Further to what Robin provided, once you download and install the Citrix Receiver Plug-in, you are ready to access the SOA Sandbox Exercise. After you clear the registration process, a metaframe window will open containing the exercise icons. When you click on the icon, Citrix Receiver will establish a connection to our server and you will be assigned an image to use for up to four hours. You need not enter anything in Citrix directly; you only need it to establish a connection to our hosting facility.

Regards,
    Don
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      329 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-10T14:59:38Z  in response to DonCarr
      Hi,

Thanks for the response, however the citix site you gave me results in a 404.
      What browsers does you apps run correctly on, I know it doesn't seem to on crome.

With the citrix receiver I installed earlier I need to enter name, description and url.
      What should these be set to?

Thanks
      • DonCarr
        DonCarr
        45 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-10T15:53:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        This link will take you to the download page:

http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_2309126.asp?ntref=DLpromo1a

Select the OS for your workstation and you will be routed to the correct download page.

Citrix Receiver 3.2 supports web access with Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers.

Regards,
        Don