5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T23:04:00Z by george.baker
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1192 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Visual Macro Editor throwing assertion exception

‏2012-07-09T01:40:46Z |
Hi,

I have a HATS project that I had closed and then a few days later reopened. When I did so, macros that previously showed up fine in the VME now show AssertationFailedException

In fact, all the macros of the project now do this.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks very much!
Updated on 2012-11-21T23:04:00Z at 2012-11-21T23:04:00Z by george.baker
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1192 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Visual Macro Editor throwing assertion exception

‏2012-07-09T02:00:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I should also note that the HATS Host Terminal will no longer open for the project either now.
    • SanthiRamala
      SanthiRamala
      34 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-09T13:18:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

Have u applied any HATS refresh pack before you got this error, and after you closed the workspace when there were no errors in macros.

Thanks
      Santhi
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1192 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-09T17:30:32Z  in response to SanthiRamala
        Hi Santhi,

I am using the latest version and did not have any errors on closing. However, I do now recall that while that project was closed, I changed the IO template from a custom one I had made (I was experimenting with custom templates) back to the default one. Could that somehow have caused the VME to not even open? I would perhaps expect if the IO did not compile any longer but am surprised that I cannot get the VME to open. I cannot even view the source for the macro.

Thanks!
        • SanthiRamala
          SanthiRamala
          34 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-10T15:32:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi

Plz check if the problem stated in the below link is same as the issue you are facing.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21294963
          Thanks
  • george.baker
    george.baker
    312 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-21T23:04:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I am having a similar issue using HATS V7.5.1.4 I created a new workspace and into it imported a HATS v 7.5.1.3 project from someone else. When I go to open a macro I get the assertion error. I can open and operate with it using the old Macro Editor and the Advanced Macro Editor. I looked into the source code and saw the visual lines in the comment sections, so I know the owner of this project successfully use the VME on the macro.

When I imported the project I did not get an EAR file, and I received no notice that the project was upgraded.

I also tried importing the project into HATS v8.5 and I had the same problem.
    As a test I rolled back my v7.5.1.4 system to v7.5.1.3, restarted with the -clean option and imported the the project into a new workspace. When I opened the macro I got the same result, Assertion error.

I've tried deleting the <comment></comment> section to remove the Visual Editor coordinates and reopening the project. No success.

I recalled that using the dash ("-") character in any names causes this type of error. I checked that there are dash characters in any screen name or variables.

I next reapplied the HATS v7.5.1.4 fixpack and tried once more to open the macro in the VE, but that did now work either.

How do I determine the problem and fix it?