I had successfully installed V10.1 Info Center on my Ubuntu 12.04 just after GA (doce_install).
I have just tried to update it because updates came on the 11th of June.
I followed the procedure :
- Stop the info center : sudo /etc/init.d/db2icdv101 stop
- Start it in standalone mode : sudo /opt/ibm/db2ic/V10.1/doc/bin/help_start
- The browser window opened, I chose the features to be updated (namely the en and fr features), and started the upgrade.
- Since the download was very slow, I checked on the next morning, and found everything installed, except a little round arrow was still turning on the left of the last feature...
- Got a message that clicking on Finish would start the initialization of the Information center. Clicked on finish... Nothing significant happened.
- Stop the information center : sudo /opt/ibm/db2ic/V10.1/doc/bin/help_stop
- Attempted to start the information center in shared mode... Failed.
The relevant part of doc/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.log is attached.
A package similar to the initial doc would be far more convenient, rather than this slow and unreliable update process...
How can I repair my installation in order to be able to start and use my local IC at the latest documentation level ?
Thanks for your help!
This topic has been locked.
1 reply Latest Post - 2012-07-09T20:55:36Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic Updating locally installed V10.1 Info Center fails on Linux Ubuntu 12.04
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-07-09T20:55:36Z at 2012-07-09T20:55:36Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK5837 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Updating locally installed V10.1 Info Center fails on Linux Ubuntu 12.042012-07-09T20:55:36Z in response to SystemAdminHello,
I uninstalled/reinstalled the Information Center with doce_deinstall/doce_install (btw, why are these commands "deprecated" ? They are the only ones working properly...), and tried socalled automatic update. It failed (log attached).
The main message is :
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini)