Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-19T20:58:28Z by morganri
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
139 Posts

Pinned topic Application Collaborative Lifecycle Service initialization failure

‏2012-07-06T16:54:17Z |
I tried twice today, and kept getting this failure. It worked 2 weeks ago.

The initialization of your SmartCloud Application Collaborative Lifecycle Management Service "Application Lifecycle Development Demo" could not be completed, and will be discontinued. No charges will apply. Please request a new service instance via the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise portal at your convenience.
Updated on 2012-07-19T20:58:28Z at 2012-07-19T20:58:28Z by morganri
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

Re: Application Collaborative Lifecycle Service initialization failure

‏2012-07-06T18:37:35Z  
    Christinalau -

Thank you for you post. I attempted to create a new service instance after seeing your post.

It seems to still be working (provisioning in progress), so I am wondering if you were working with an older beta.

When did you create it and with which build?

Sincerely,

//Rich
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts

‏2012-07-06T19:21:18Z  
    • morganri
    • ‏2012-07-06T18:37:35Z
    Christinalau -

Thank you for you post. I attempted to create a new service instance after seeing your post.

It seems to still be working (provisioning in progress), so I am wondering if you were working with an older beta.

When did you create it and with which build?

Sincerely,

//Rich
    Provisioning works, just that I got the email, and then the VM won't start. Did you receive a similar email?
  • YuanWang
    YuanWang
    1 Post

‏2012-07-09T02:31:10Z  
    Provisioning works, just that I got the email, and then the VM won't start. Did you receive a similar email?
    Hi, this email will be sent when some API call fails during the provision,cloud you post the IP of the VM so we can have a look?
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

‏2012-07-09T14:40:04Z  
    Yes, I received the same email, this needs some investigating.
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

‏2012-07-10T14:05:43Z  
    Hi Christinalau

I have been advised that the images are fixed.

Please try again and mark this thread as answered if the problem is resolved.

Sincerely,

//Rich
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts

‏2012-07-16T13:11:23Z  
    • morganri
    • ‏2012-07-10T14:05:43Z
    Hi Christinalau

I have been advised that the images are fixed.

Please try again and mark this thread as answered if the problem is resolved.

Sincerely,

//Rich
    I noticed there is now a beta 3 and beta 4. I just tried both and they both failed.

For Beta 4, I am able to get to the 'running' status, whereby I am given a login screen. However, I have never received any email so I do not know what the password to use.

For Beta 3, I had the same error as before. I am not able to get to the login screen.

Can you pls fix the issues. Thx.
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

‏2012-07-16T14:14:18Z  
    I noticed there is now a beta 3 and beta 4. I just tried both and they both failed.

For Beta 4, I am able to get to the 'running' status, whereby I am given a login screen. However, I have never received any email so I do not know what the password to use.

For Beta 3, I had the same error as before. I am not able to get to the login screen.

I will attempt again and make sure I have enough free instances. I got past the unavailable error condition on my last attempt. (See attached.)

We shall resolve as soon as possible.
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

‏2012-07-18T14:10:23Z  

I've seen your issue with Beta 3, but Beta 4 is working.

Make sure you have at least 2 free instances in your Account, and continue working with Beta 4 going forward.
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

‏2012-07-19T20:58:28Z  

Please try again , if need be delete stale instances.

My last three attempt with Beta 3 and 4 are working. The passwords can take over an hour to arrive.

Let me know what happens.