Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-21T00:38:55Z by KaranBal
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
648 Posts

Pinned topic Changing a Collaboration Area/Workflow

‏2012-07-05T11:50:09Z |
We have a Collaboration Area which has loads of tabs.
Each tab has an attribute collection.
The user may edit any of the Tabs and the attributes in them.

We want to split that into two Collaboration Areas.
One set of users will use one CA and the rest the original one.
We can build the new CA OK.

How do we amend the old CA/workflow to either make three off the attribute collections viewable only or to drop three of the tabs?
Updated on 2012-07-21T00:38:55Z at 2012-07-21T00:38:55Z by KaranBal
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts

Re: Changing a Collaboration Area/Workflow

‏2012-07-05T12:00:10Z  
    You should create a new workflow based on the old one. And then modify both them to show selected tabs.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts

‏2012-07-05T15:23:01Z  
    You should create a new workflow based on the old one. And then modify both them to show selected tabs.
    I do not know off any method that creates a workflow using an old one as a basis.
    I do not know how to remove tabs.
    I can remove attributes from attribute collections and then the attributes disapear but the tab does not.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts

‏2012-07-06T04:18:41Z  
    I do not know off any method that creates a workflow using an old one as a basis.
    I do not know how to remove tabs.
    I can remove attributes from attribute collections and then the attributes disapear but the tab does not.
    1) You can export a workflow definition via Selective Export. Unpack the export archive. Modify a xml file responsible for workflow definition (you need to change the worklow name and script paths). Replace the file in the export archive. Make import environment. If it is tough you need just create a new workflow a usual way via GUI
    2) In the workflow step screen click Attributes to validate->Tab view
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts

‏2012-07-06T07:46:32Z  
    1) You can export a workflow definition via Selective Export. Unpack the export archive. Modify a xml file responsible for workflow definition (you need to change the worklow name and script paths). Replace the file in the export archive. Make import environment. If it is tough you need just create a new workflow a usual way via GUI
    2) In the workflow step screen click Attributes to validate->Tab view
    What I did for my last deployment of the updated version of our application was to create some sandbox calls to java programs that did all the new spec changes, created new lookup tables etc.
    I'd like to do the same to introduve this new workflow and CA.

I have a program to create a new workflow and CA.
    I can add all the required attributes but do not know how to split them into tabs using the Java API.

I can call a program to edit attribute collections and that removes the attributes from the old workflow but it does not remove the tabs.

There must be some way off working with tabs using the Java API but I have not found it. If I can avoid it I never want to edit any spec, CA, workflow or anything manually especially not on a live system.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts

‏2012-07-06T08:00:49Z  
    What I did for my last deployment of the updated version of our application was to create some sandbox calls to java programs that did all the new spec changes, created new lookup tables etc.
    I'd like to do the same to introduve this new workflow and CA.

I have a program to create a new workflow and CA.
    I can add all the required attributes but do not know how to split them into tabs using the Java API.

I can call a program to edit attribute collections and that removes the attributes from the old workflow but it does not remove the tabs.

There must be some way off working with tabs using the Java API but I have not found it. If I can avoid it I never want to edit any spec, CA, workflow or anything manually especially not on a live system.
    In script I would use CtgView[] WorkflowStep::getWflStepViews() function to get workflow views and related functions to work with tabs in a view object (void CtgView::addCtgTab(CtgTab tab) )
  • KaranBal
    KaranBal
    108 Posts

‏2012-07-21T00:38:55Z  
    If all you want is 2 different sections in the same collaboration area; why not assign them to different exit values. Have a Step1 with 2 different exit values, first exit value goes to one section of the collaboration area and the other goes to the second one.
    Assign them different performers and different attribute collections to control access.