Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-08-01T08:06:47Z by SystemAdmin
null
null
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Message "Specify a user with database administrator rights on the ConfigDB"

‏2012-07-05T07:40:51Z |
Hi,

During the installing of OCM 2.1.1 (using CI6LQML.tar.gz on Solaris 10 SPARC), I received this message when I tried to use an existing local db2 database ConfigDB which was created by db2 instance owner. The user's privilege was DBADM, and password was correct. I even have tried to created another user and grant it DBADM, but still no luck.

Could someone help me to sort it out?
Updated on 2012-08-01T08:06:47Z at 2012-08-01T08:06:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Message "Specify a user with database administrator rights on the ConfigDB"

‏2012-07-26T06:31:54Z  in response to null
    Hi Bo,
    Please send back the log files under $HOME/IBM_TEMP/iocm/logs
    Also please run the SQL against the database created for OCM: select dbadmauth,grantee from syscat.dbauth
    And send back the result above, I will investigate more on this
    • null
      null
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-31T05:11:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks LongJun.

This is the output of the SQL for database ConfigDB:

bash-3.2$ db2 "select dbadmauth, grantee from syscat.dbauth"

DBADMAUTH GRANTEE
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Y DB2
      N PUBLIC
      Y OCMADM
      N PUBLIC
      Y admin

The log file is attached as required.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-31T08:36:22Z  in response to null
        Hello Bo,
        Thanks to send back the information.
        I will provide you a hotfix package to collect more information.
        First of all, let us to re-check the information, with the information provided in another system, I saw your system information as below:
        Your database 'ConfigDB' is created by 'db2' account, 'db2' is the db2 instance user, and the port number of it is 54000.
        Please double check the information above whether they are correct.

If they are all correct, please run the hotfix package hotfixes.zip in the attachment.
        Please follow the steps below to apply the hotfix:
        1. Extract the compressed package
        2. Copy the 'hotfixes' folder and its contents to the side of *.bin of IOCM installer. So then the structure will be as following:
        **$IOCM_Installer_Folder$/**
        *-----------------------/.bin**
        **-----------------------/hotfixes**
        3. Re-launch the IOCM installer to re-specify the value on the 'Repository panel'
        4. If it does not work still, please collect the log $HOME/IBM_TEMP/iocm/logs/iocminstall_details_<timeStamp>.log, and send back.
        • null
          null
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-01T00:27:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi LongJun,

Yes, the connection info are correct.

I have applied the hotfix, and it was still the same. The log file is attached. Could you please have a look and advise?
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            10 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-01T03:12:10Z  in response to null
            Thanks Bo,
            The information is very helpful, I will deliver you another hotfix to help you to continue with the installation.
            Please remove the previous hotfix, and apply this one with the same steps as the previous one.

Any other issue, please feel free to let me know
            • null
              null
              4 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-01T07:22:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Thank you very much LongJun. Yes, it works.

We have raised a PMR 41052,999,616 for this issue. You might be interesting to have a look and close it.

Thanks again and have a good day.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                10 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-01T08:06:47Z  in response to null
                Welcome, it is great, Bo.
                Nice day!