• Latest Post - ‏2012-07-09T13:40:49Z by SystemAdmin
xf00657
xf00657
108 Posts

Pinned topic preprpnode error

‏2012-07-05T05:45:01Z |
Hi,
preprpnode returns this mesage:
2602-343 Enabling RMC remote connections failed with return code 127.
Now I tried to find out what does it means: RSCT Message Guide only tells me: "The RMC remote sessions were not enabled. Fix the error indicated by code and run the command again."
But now the question: where I can find what the code 127 means? I cannot find any RSCT Guide explaining error codes.
Regards
Rüdiger
Updated on 2012-07-09T13:40:49Z at 2012-07-09T13:40:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    120 Posts

Re: preprpnode error

‏2012-07-05T09:00:16Z  
    Hi Rüdiger,

RSCT seems to mean the system error code 127 which is "EKEYEXPIRED Key has expired" (errno.h). This points to a problem with or expiration of the RSCT security keys which are automatically created upon installation and for every other node, IP and/or network interface the current system comes in contact with. Looking through the RSCT Admin ("Configuring credential life span", page 275) and Diagnosis Guides ("Procedure 6: verifying that credential expiration checking is active", page 111) I recommend checking the following:

1. Are the system times of the nodes (for which this preprpnode command was meant) out of sync?
    2. Was the RSCT security configuration file changed? The name of this file can be listed with the command "/usr/sbin/rsct/bin/ctsvhbac". This command also shows various other potential problems with RSCT security.

E.g.

# /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/ctsvhbac

Host Based Authentication Mechanism Verification Check

Private and Public Key Verifications

Configuration file: /usr/sbin/rsct/cfg/ctcasd.cfg
    Key Type: rsa512
    RSA key generation method, 512-bit key.
    http://...

3. If these recommendations do not help I suggest opening a PMR against RSCT.
    Kind regards,
    René
  • xf00657
    xf00657
    108 Posts

‏2012-07-05T12:40:42Z  
    Hi Rüdiger,

RSCT seems to mean the system error code 127 which is "EKEYEXPIRED Key has expired" (errno.h). This points to a problem with or expiration of the RSCT security keys which are automatically created upon installation and for every other node, IP and/or network interface the current system comes in contact with. Looking through the RSCT Admin ("Configuring credential life span", page 275) and Diagnosis Guides ("Procedure 6: verifying that credential expiration checking is active", page 111) I recommend checking the following:

1. Are the system times of the nodes (for which this preprpnode command was meant) out of sync?
    2. Was the RSCT security configuration file changed? The name of this file can be listed with the command "/usr/sbin/rsct/bin/ctsvhbac". This command also shows various other potential problems with RSCT security.

E.g.

# /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/ctsvhbac

Host Based Authentication Mechanism Verification Check

Private and Public Key Verifications

Configuration file: /usr/sbin/rsct/cfg/ctcasd.cfg
    Key Type: rsa512
    RSA key generation method, 512-bit key.
    http://...

3. If these recommendations do not help I suggest opening a PMR against RSCT.
    Kind regards,
    René
    Hi Rene,

thanks for your answer. I tried here rmcctrl -K and rmcctrl -s and all works fine. What ever was the reason.
    Regards
    Rüdiger
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    120 Posts

‏2012-07-09T13:40:49Z  
    Just as additional info, there is a technote regarding this problem which was just published: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21599666&myns=swgtiv&mynp=OCSSRM2X&mync=E
    It basically says, that preprpnode needs to run as root.

Kind Regards,
    René