Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-05T11:09:42Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
648 Posts

Pinned topic Bindings File Setup Commands in 10.0 Install Guide Incorrect/Incomplete

‏2012-07-05T03:36:39Z |
I ran into an error reading from the MQ Queues when starting GDS messaging. If you create the .bindings file exactly as per the installation document you will end up with an error

-bash-3.2$ ./pim10/bin/gdsmsg.sh start

Starting messaging service with JVM parameters: '-Xmx1024m -Xms512m'
Messaging service log directory: '/home/pim/pim10/logs/gdsmsg'
Messaging service started.

Note: Even though it says started the service will end a few seconds later when it attempts to access a queue and fails with the following error (which can be found in $TOP/logs/gdsmsg/gds.log)
2012-07-04 13:50:52,042 gdsmsg_root ERROR com.ibm.cgd.common.messaging.connector.JMSReceiver - CDOMG0002E:JMSReceiver Initialization failed, Exception:JMSMQ1113: The destination does not have a name set.
com.ibm.msg.client.jms.DetailedJMSException: JMSMQ1113: The destination does not have a name set. An attempt was made to use a MQQueue or MQTopic that was created with the default constructor. A name should have then been set before the queue was used. After creation set a name on the MQQueue or MQTopic.
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:515)
at com.ibm.msg.client.commonservices.j2se.NLSServices.createException(NLSServices.java:313)
at com.ibm.msg.client.commonservices.nls.NLSServices.createException(NLSServices.java:388)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQDestination.validateDestination(MQDestination.java:1676)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueSession.createReceiver(MQQueueSession.java:90)
at com.ibm.cgd.common.messaging.connector.JMSReceiver.init(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.cgd.common.messaging.connector.JMSReceiver.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.cgd.common.messaging.connector.JMSReceiver.main(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.cgd.common.messaging.service.MessagingService.main(Unknown Source)

The correct command at InitCtx should be

dev q(XML_IN) queue(XML_IN) qmgr(queue.manager.name)

i.e. you have to specify a queue name. q(WHATEVER) is just a lookup name not the queue name itself. I put the queue manager in for the kicks just to be safe. Haven't tested it without the qmgr but it all works now and gdsmsg is reading from the queues

Cheers
Justin
Updated on 2012-07-05T11:09:42Z at 2012-07-05T11:09:42Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts

Re: Bindings File Setup Commands in 10.0 Install Guide Incorrect/Incomplete

‏2012-07-05T11:09:42Z  
    Hi Justin

Thanks for bringing this up.

Assuming you have followed the steps as detailed in MDMCS v10 Infocenter, the steps there are specifically for Windows MQ setup.

If you are using a unix installation of WMQ, I suggest you use the information and steps detailed in v9.1 Infocenter at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pim/v9r1m0/topic/com.ibm.pim.ins.doc/pim_tsk_creatingbindings.html that I believe will help you fix the current issues.

Keep me posted. Thanks.

Regards
    _Amit