Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-04T14:07:56Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
648 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Item Checkout in Collaboration Area

‏2012-07-04T10:22:39Z |
Hi All,

When I'm checking out an item to a collaboration area and opening the same item from the collaboration area I could only see the primary key field but not the rest of the attributes of the prim. spec. Rather I want to view the attributes attached to the secondary spec as well, so that I can make the changes and save the item and go to next step of the workflow.

Please help!

Thanks,
Abhijeet
Updated on 2012-07-04T14:07:56Z at 2012-07-04T14:07:56Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Item Checkout in Collaboration Area

‏2012-07-04T10:27:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    What you see in Collab Area is not governed by the views you set in catalog. This is dictated by the attributes and the security definitions for the step which you define while creating the workflow itself.

Sachin
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      648 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-04T10:42:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Ok thanks! Let me try recreating the workflow. Will let you know.

~Abhijeet
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        648 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-04T10:53:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        But on top of that what I'm trying to achieve is below but facing some problem.

• I have a validation framework which validates couple of attrib values of an item in a particular catalog and returns the error message on the screen.
        • The validation gets triggered from a Catalog script attached to the postprocessingscript section which internally calls a java based validation framework.
        • I'm now checking out one such item in to a collaboration area.
        • Now, using a java api I'm able to get this checked out item in the particular collab. Area and I'm setting one attribute with such values that on calling the "checkedOutItem.save()" API it should invoke the postprocessingscript and inturn the validation framework and return me the error messages if any.

But I'm getting some exception itself in the console. Any idea?

Thanks,
        Abhijeet
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          648 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-04T14:07:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I'll try to look for the answer in a fresh post.
          Thanks a lot for your inputs
          ~Abhijeet