Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-04T02:32:56Z by ahipol
ahipol
ahipol
3 Posts

Pinned topic Processor crashes when trying to merge data sets.

‏2012-07-04T01:51:16Z |
Hi all,

I've been trying to merge some large data sets using the data menu and every time I get this error message:

"An unknown error has terminated communication with the processor. The SPSS Statistics processor is unavailable."

After that I have to shut down and re-open the program to get it to do anything else. I'm Using Mac OS Lion. If anyone has any tips on how to fix this I would be very grateful!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    456 Posts

Re: Processor crashes when trying to merge data sets.

‏2012-07-04T02:18:34Z  
    I suggest that you contact Technical Support. They will want to know exactly what syntax you are using and what version of Statistics. If it is a recent version, and you have not installed any available patches, that would be a good place to start. And be sure that your data are sorted according to the requirements for the operations you are using.

HTH,
    Jon peck
  • ahipol
    ahipol
    3 Posts

Re: Processor crashes when trying to merge data sets.

‏2012-07-04T02:32:56Z  
    Hi there,

I will contact technical support, but I bought the student version from another website so I don't think they will help me. I'm using version 20.0.0.1 and sorted my files in ascending order according to my key variables. I also have installed the most recent fix. Here is my syntax if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

GET
    FILE='/Users/ahipol/Desktop/HRS Data Sets/H06C_R.sav'.
    DATASET NAME DataSet1 WINDOW=FRONT.
    GET
    FILE='/Users/ahipol/Desktop/HRS Data Sets/TRK2010.sav'.
    DATASET NAME DataSet2 WINDOW=FRONT.
    SORT CASES BY HHID (A).
    SORT CASES BY PN (A).
    DATASET ACTIVATE DataSet1.
    SORT CASES BY HHID (A).
    SORT CASES BY PN (A).
    MATCH FILES /FILE=*
    /FILE='DataSet2'
    /RENAME (JSUBHH KFAMR KFINR KSUBHH = d0 d1 d2 d3)
    /BY HHID PN
    /DROP= d0 d1 d2 d3.
    EXECUTE.