• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-09T02:05:34Z by maximo_TND
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Installing Maximo 7.5 manually on windows XP or Windows 7

‏2012-07-03T06:36:46Z |
Hi All,

Can we install maximo 7.5 with WAS & DB2 on OS windows Xp or Windows 7 ?
If yes, please share me the document.
I have followed the manual installation steps in the install document(see attachment), but when i click on install maximo asset management from launchpad i am getting errors.

Thanks,
Raghu M
Updated on 2012-12-09T02:05:34Z at 2012-12-09T02:05:34Z by maximo_TND
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Installing Maximo 7.5 manually on windows XP or Windows 7

‏2012-07-03T10:49:11Z  
    Hello,
    I have done alot of manual installations of WebSphere and DB2 on various platforms so hopefully I can be of some assistance to you. The document that you reference is a good place to start so please let me know exactly what error(s) you are encountering.

One potential place to start is by telling me the exact versions of WAS and DB2 that you are trying to install on Windows 7. That information would be helpful.

Many thanks,
    Richard
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-07-03T12:05:41Z  
    Hi,

I am able to install DB2 9.7 and WAS 7 versions successfully.

And i tryed installing the maximo asset management using launchpad and provided all the details of WAS and DB2 credentials and it gives error once click on install.

Please let me know what configurations we need to perform on DB2 and WAS before we start installing Maximo.

Thanks in advance
    Raghu M
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-07-03T12:31:24Z  
    Hi,

I am able to install DB2 9.7 and WAS 7 versions successfully.

And i tryed installing the maximo asset management using launchpad and provided all the details of WAS and DB2 credentials and it gives error once click on install.

Please let me know what configurations we need to perform on DB2 and WAS before we start installing Maximo.

Thanks in advance
    Raghu M
    Hello again,
    Thanks for the information. Which specific version of Maximo are you trying to install? Also, can you capture a screenshot of the error message and attach it to this thread so I can review it?
  • gulfsoft
    gulfsoft
    65 Posts

‏2012-07-03T16:05:53Z  
    I would say No. It's not supported at all, and (as you're seeing), won't work. It requires a server-class operating system (Windows Server 2008, for example). For testing purposes, there are less expensive ways to get Windows Server. Specifically, you can look at the Microsoft Technet Subscriptions at
    https://www-304.ibm.com/jct01004c/partnerworld/partnertools/eorderweb/ordersw.do .

Frank

We can make Tivoli software work for you!
    www.gulfsoft.com
  • maximo_TND
    maximo_TND
    44 Posts

‏2012-12-09T02:05:34Z  
    Hello, Did you succeed in installing Manually Maximo 75 on Windows XP?