Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-07-05T11:09:40Z by ClausSamuelsen
damithsw
damithsw
2 Posts

Pinned topic "IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll" Unable to load

‏2012-07-02T11:13:39Z |
I'm get below exception when connect to informix database.

here is the Path environment variable:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\IBM\Informix\Connect\bin;C:\Program Files\IBM\GSK7_64\bin;C:\Program Files\IBM\GSK7_64\lib64; C:\Program Files\IBM\Informix\Connect\bin\netf20

Here is the Error:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Server stack trace:
at IBM.Data.Common.SafeNativeMethods.IfxInterlockedIncrement64(IntPtr lpAddend)
at IBM.Data.Informix.DBCWrapper..ctor(IfxConnection connection)
at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnectionPool.IfxConnPoolNode..ctor(IfxConnection connection)
at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnectionPool.OpenNewConnection(IfxConnection connection, ConnectionPoolType ConnPoolType)
at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnectionPool.Open(IfxConnection connection)
at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnPoolManager.Open(IfxConnection connection)
at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnection.Open()
at Simple.Data.Informix.GetTablesHelper.GetTables(IfxConnection cn)
at Simple.Data.Informix.InformixSchemaProvider.GetTables()
at Simple.Data.Ado.Schema.DatabaseSchema.CreateTableCollection()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
at Simple.Data.Ado.AdoAdapterInserter.Insert(String tableName, IEnumerable`1 data)
at Simple.Data.Commands.InsertCommand.InsertDictionary(InvokeMemberBinder binder, Object[] args, DataStrategy dataStrategy, String tableName)
at Simple.Data.Commands.InsertCommand.Execute(DataStrategy dataStrategy, DynamicTable table, InvokeMemberBinder binder, Object[] args)
at Simple.Data.DynamicTable.TryInvokeMember(InvokeMemberBinder binder, Object[] args, Object& result)
at

please help me to fix this issue.
Updated on 2012-07-05T11:09:40Z at 2012-07-05T11:09:40Z by ClausSamuelsen
  • ClausSamuelsen
    ClausSamuelsen
    11 Posts

Re: "IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll" Unable to load

‏2012-07-03T13:08:40Z  
    The settings of env PATH depends on whether you're running in 32 bit or 64 bit, see
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v111/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.netpr.doc/netpr06.htm

The setting of PATH can either be
    %INFORMIXDIR%/bin/netf11/ if you use the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
    or
    %INFORMIXDIR%/bin/netf20/ if you use the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0

Have you checked that the file IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll exists in one of the directories?
  • damithsw
    damithsw
    2 Posts

‏2012-07-04T03:06:22Z  
    The settings of env PATH depends on whether you're running in 32 bit or 64 bit, see
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v111/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.netpr.doc/netpr06.htm

The setting of PATH can either be
    %INFORMIXDIR%/bin/netf11/ if you use the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
    or
    %INFORMIXDIR%/bin/netf20/ if you use the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0

Have you checked that the file IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll exists in one of the directories?
    Thanks for your reply,

My application is target for .net 4.0 and the server is 64 bit.

Under "C:\Program Files\IBM\Informix\Connect\bin\netf20" I can see the "IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll"
    but i'm still get the above error, is there any different with connector and SDK dlls?
    here in server all these dlls inside connector folder.
  • ClausSamuelsen
    ClausSamuelsen
    11 Posts

‏2012-07-05T11:09:40Z  
    • damithsw
    • ‏2012-07-04T03:06:22Z
    Thanks for your reply,

My application is target for .net 4.0 and the server is 64 bit.

Under "C:\Program Files\IBM\Informix\Connect\bin\netf20" I can see the "IfxDotNetIntrinsicModule.dll"
    but i'm still get the above error, is there any different with connector and SDK dlls?
    here in server all these dlls inside connector folder.
    It's always a good practice to describe versions of operating system, development ( e.g. .net 4.0) etc, when reporting a problem.

There's no support in Informix Connect/CSDK for .net framework above version 2.0

When using .net 4.0 you should change to IBM Data Server, which has connectivity support for both Informix and DB2.

See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v117/topic/com.ibm.cpi.doc/ids_cpi_010.htm

Though the Informix documentation only mentions .net 3.0 and 3.5, the newest release of IBM Data Server has support for .net 4.0