Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T12:29:01Z by richard.france
shanthi_23
shanthi_23
1 Post

Pinned topic structural coverage should be acheived by using RTRT and code composer

‏2012-06-30T09:07:16Z |
My objective is to achieve code coverage. Source code written in C language.
Processor is Texas DSP processor.Can any one help me how to achieve
code coverage (i.e. structural coverage) by integrating the CCS (code composer studio 4.1)and RTRT tool?

Your efforts are appreciated.
Updated on 2012-11-21T12:29:01Z at 2012-11-21T12:29:01Z by richard.france
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    829 Posts

Re: structural coverage should be acheived by using RTRT and code composer

‏2012-07-02T06:56:32Z  
    the TDP for CCS4 exist.
    contact TestRT support It should be able to give it to you for free.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2260 Posts

‏2012-10-16T10:21:46Z  
    the TDP for CCS4 exist.
    contact TestRT support It should be able to give it to you for free.
    How do i contact TestRT support?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2260 Posts

‏2012-10-16T13:58:26Z  
    How do i contact TestRT support?
    You can use the SR web application tool (Service Request) tool to open a case (PMR) found at: http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest
    From this portal you can also manage and update your PMRs.
    If you need help in setting up your access to SR, contact the SR Helpdesk, at
    http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/help-contactus.html or inform your Technical Support Engineer.

You could also contact the support by email : sw_support_emea@nl.ibm.com

For phone number see by country : http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/
    Yanis Bensemmane
    Architecture Management Support Analyst
    Test RealTime Support Analyst
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2260 Posts

‏2012-10-17T06:20:25Z  
    You can use the SR web application tool (Service Request) tool to open a case (PMR) found at: http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest
    From this portal you can also manage and update your PMRs.
    If you need help in setting up your access to SR, contact the SR Helpdesk, at
    http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/help-contactus.html or inform your Technical Support Engineer.

You could also contact the support by email : sw_support_emea@nl.ibm.com

For phone number see by country : http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/
    Yanis Bensemmane
    Architecture Management Support Analyst
    Test RealTime Support Analyst
    HI
    I am using CCS3 . Is there anyway to achieve code coverage by integrating CCS3 (version 3.3.82.13) and RTRT tool ?
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    829 Posts

‏2012-10-17T08:09:44Z  
    HI
    I am using CCS3 . Is there anyway to achieve code coverage by integrating CCS3 (version 3.3.82.13) and RTRT tool ?
    TestRT support have some TDP for ccs3 as well. (for tms470,c28xx,..)
    They can be delivered on request to support.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2260 Posts

‏2012-11-20T12:36:25Z  
    TestRT support have some TDP for ccs3 as well. (for tms470,c28xx,..)
    They can be delivered on request to support.
    My Objective is to use makefiles & perl/python scripts in Linux for block coverage (*.fdc).
    Build source files recursively and generate binary for target download.
    The tests are performed on the target(ccs v3.3).
    Collect manual dump and use perl script to parse variables & values which RTRT added in instrumented files.

1. I don't require RTRT GUI in any of above steps, other than exporting source files as HTML reports.
    2. I know Compiler & settings, library , includes paths, linker stage via makefile process, do I still need TDP configuration?
    3. ccs v3.3/4.1 runs in windows only. So I do build in Linux and run on windows application.
    does TDP integrates build + run + coverage analysis in a single shot?
    4. Can I export CCS v.3.3 projects directly to RTRT workspace/ project?
    5. At What stage really TDP palys a role? I used tp.c as one of source file for the build & linking for my C project. does Linux based build also has dependency tdp configuration ( tp.ini or equivalent?)

consider RTRT v7 on linux machine.
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    829 Posts

‏2012-11-20T14:26:49Z  
    My Objective is to use makefiles & perl/python scripts in Linux for block coverage (*.fdc).
    Build source files recursively and generate binary for target download.
    The tests are performed on the target(ccs v3.3).
    Collect manual dump and use perl script to parse variables & values which RTRT added in instrumented files.

1. I don't require RTRT GUI in any of above steps, other than exporting source files as HTML reports.
    2. I know Compiler & settings, library , includes paths, linker stage via makefile process, do I still need TDP configuration?
    3. ccs v3.3/4.1 runs in windows only. So I do build in Linux and run on windows application.
    does TDP integrates build + run + coverage analysis in a single shot?
    4. Can I export CCS v.3.3 projects directly to RTRT workspace/ project?
    5. At What stage really TDP palys a role? I used tp.c as one of source file for the build & linking for my C project. does Linux based build also has dependency tdp configuration ( tp.ini or equivalent?)

consider RTRT v7 on linux machine.
    1)
    Your objective looks very simple. Why so many perl/python scripts when only attolcc is enough to instrument your application during your build and studioreport to open report viewer.
    Note the attolcc usage is as follow
    attolcc <instrumOptions> -- <standard compilation cmd line>
    attolcc <instrumOptions> -- <standard link cmd line>
    So you can simply modify your existing makefile to prefix the compiler and linker with
    attolcc <instrumOptions> --

2)The TDP is required to instrument code

3)
    once instrumented you execute like you execute your non instrumented application.
    then the generated .spt file must be moved to the build folder before starting studioreport

4)I do not think so
    5)TDP is used by instrumentor and the library part is embedded into the application.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2260 Posts

‏2012-11-21T11:58:19Z  
    1)
    Your objective looks very simple. Why so many perl/python scripts when only attolcc is enough to instrument your application during your build and studioreport to open report viewer.
    Note the attolcc usage is as follow
    attolcc <instrumOptions> -- <standard compilation cmd line>
    attolcc <instrumOptions> -- <standard link cmd line>
    So you can simply modify your existing makefile to prefix the compiler and linker with
    attolcc <instrumOptions> --

2)The TDP is required to instrument code

3)
    once instrumented you execute like you execute your non instrumented application.
    then the generated .spt file must be moved to the build folder before starting studioreport

4)I do not think so
    5)TDP is used by instrumentor and the library part is embedded into the application.
    Thanks Richard,
    Is there any way to find out TDP details used in my Linux Build?
    attolcc1 was invoked via sciprts, No GUI access I need.
    can I add RTRT commands in the make script to capture details of TDP, instru-mentor options configured during the build?
    I have set of C + Assembly files for TI Processor c6416/c6000 core which I integrated RTRT tool and run it on the hardware manually.
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    829 Posts

‏2012-11-21T12:29:01Z  
    Thanks Richard,
    Is there any way to find out TDP details used in my Linux Build?
    attolcc1 was invoked via sciprts, No GUI access I need.
    can I add RTRT commands in the make script to capture details of TDP, instru-mentor options configured during the build?
    I have set of C + Assembly files for TI Processor c6416/c6000 core which I integrated RTRT tool and run it on the hardware manually.
    ATLTGT environment variable is something you have to set before using TestRT online binary like attolcc, attolccp, attolpreproC, etc.
    On linux the testrtinit.sh sets automatically ATLTGT to clinuxgnu TDP dedicated to gnu gcc native compiler.
    If you want to build an application using a crss compiler like TI you must set ATLTGT to the TDP path like
    export ATLTGT=<TestRTInstallDir>/targets/<xdpname>
    to get the curent used TDP you simply have to echo $ATLTGT from your build script/makefile.
    Note that attolcc normally display the used ATLTGT on the first compilation in order to printout the used TDP into the build log.

instrumenting your application using attolcc prefix to compiler/linker does not change the way to execute your application.
    nevertheless if your TDP uses a special way to write the result file (TDP data retrieval set to RTRT_NONE) you may need to use the TestRTexec command to execute you application to get the result .spt file.
    the execution should write a .spt file to be moved into the build directory before starting studioreport command from that directory.