8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-03T08:54:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
648 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic start_local, stop_local and rmi_status not behaving as expected

‏2012-06-26T04:43:02Z |
Hi all

I have just completed an installation of MDM Collaboration Server on AIX and I am able to start and run the application (login etc) but the command line utils to stop and start the application aren't working well. Am I missing something?

Here's what I get (I ran them order):

-bash-3.2$ ./bin/go/start_local.sh
Running service pre-start checks
Starting service rmi_DEV-MDM01... started, PID is 835630
Starting service admin_DEV-MDM01... started, PID is 892982
Starting service eventprocessor_DEV-MDM01... started, PID is 405536
Starting service workflowengine_DEV-MDM01... started, PID is 262282
Starting service queuemanager_DEV-MDM01... started, PID is 311486
Starting service appsvr_DEV-MDM01... ERROR: appsvr_DEV-MDM01 did not start. Please check error logs
Starting service scheduler_DEV-MDM01... started, PID is 905332

-bash-3.2$ ./bin/go/rmi_status.sh++ success rmistatus (Mon Jun 25 16:13:18 CDT 2012)
no objects bound
-bash-3.2$ ./bin/go/stop_local.sh
Stopping service admin_DEV-MDM01... admin_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service eventprocessor_DEV-MDM01... eventprocessor_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service workflowengine_DEV-MDM01... workflowengine_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service queuemanager_DEV-MDM01... queuemanager_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service appsvr_DEV-MDM01... appsvr_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service scheduler_DEV-MDM01... scheduler_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service rmi_DEV-MDM01... rmi_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.

-bash-3.2$ ./bin/go/stop_local.sh
Stopping service admin_DEV-MDM01... admin_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service eventprocessor_DEV-MDM01... eventprocessor_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service workflowengine_DEV-MDM01... workflowengine_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service queuemanager_DEV-MDM01... queuemanager_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service appsvr_DEV-MDM01... appsvr_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service scheduler_DEV-MDM01... scheduler_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Stopping service rmi_DEV-MDM01... rmi_DEV-MDM01 does not appear to be running.
Updated on 2012-07-03T08:54:51Z at 2012-07-03T08:54:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: start_local, stop_local and rmi_status not behaving as expected

‏2012-06-26T07:48:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

I suppose you didn't enter credentials of WAS because you had ran the script from putty session of like one. User xterm to start PIM
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      648 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-26T23:33:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the suggestion. You were right I am using putty. xterm is not an option for me, the server is accesibl only by terminal. I will have to figure out another way of passing the credentials or maybe configure was not to require them.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        648 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-27T04:25:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        You can set admin_security to true and fill username and password parameters in env_settings.ini
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          648 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-27T05:36:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Thanks for the reply, I had those set. I was consdering switching the security off on the WAS side but I'm not keen on switch global security off now.

Could the RMI port setting be wrong?

./bin/go/start_rmi_and_appsvr.sh
          Running service pre-start checks
          Starting service rmi_DEV-MDM01... service already started (PID=647310), aborting... started, PID is 647310
          Starting service appsvr_DEV-MDM01... ERROR: appsvr_DEV-MDM01 did not start. Please check error logs

my RMI port setting ins env_settings.ini is 9810 which is the RMI port of the app server profile that the PIM and GDS servers is running on. Is that correct?

I can connect to that port with wsadmin without any issues. Should it be 17507 or some value near that?

Thanks for your help so far
          Justin
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            648 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-27T06:36:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I have never changed a default value of RMI port that is 17507.
          • KaranBal
            KaranBal
            108 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-27T16:46:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            That sounds as if the application server is not deployed.
            Start the admin server i.e. server1 from "$WAS_HOME/profiles/SERVER_NAME/bin/startServer server1", run the $TOP/bin/websphere/install_war.sh and then run the start_local.sh. Troubleshoot any errors that you get in the process in $TOP/logs and WAS logs during the process.
            If the above doesn't fix this issue, open a service request here: https://www-946.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              648 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-03T08:54:43Z  in response to KaranBal
              I reset the RMI port to 17507 and that resolved the issue. I think the documentation should be clearer on what this value is. It appears to be the RMI for the app itself not the bootstrap address of the server which I thought it was. It never started because of a port clash with the app server.
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              648 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-03T08:54:51Z  in response to KaranBal
              I reset the RMI port to 17507 and that resolved the issue. I think the documentation should be clearer on what this value is. It appears to be the RMI for the app itself not the bootstrap address of the server which I thought it was. It never started because of a port clash with the app server.