Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-28T15:26:26Z by queequeg
D2HN_Kevin_Johnson
D2HN_Kevin_Johnson
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Starting Sandbox gets 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' msg

‏2012-06-25T09:14:08Z |
I have performed the citrix installation which appears to have worked, however when I select "Start your sandbox session now" I get a new tab saying Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Any ideas on what might be the cause?
  • queequeg
    queequeg
    250 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Starting Sandbox gets 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' msg

‏2012-06-25T13:41:03Z  in response to D2HN_Kevin_Johnson
    Hello Kevin,
    Can you provide some details on which browser you are using and what sandbox you are trying to access?
    Thanks

Steve Luyendyk -- Online trials butcher, baker and connection-maker
    • D2HN_Kevin_Johnson
      D2HN_Kevin_Johnson
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-26T07:45:59Z  in response to queequeg
      I am using IE7 and trying to access the Rational Developer for System z sandbox.

Kev
      • queequeg
        queequeg
        250 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-27T18:09:40Z  in response to D2HN_Kevin_Johnson
        Hey Kevin,
        I have tested this image with IE7 and it is delivering as I would expect. However, I will say it takes time and I wonder if in your case it was slow enough to time out and deliver the error you got.
        I am going to ask our development team to review. In the meantime, it is also possible that a firewall is blocking your access and your getting this error report, though that would be unusual in my experience so that is a guess. The FAQ that specifically addresses this is
        http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/connection-faqs.html#ctrx
        Right now I don't have a good answer. I will see what I can dig up by tomorrow.
        Thanks

• queequeg
          queequeg
          250 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-28T15:26:26Z  in response to queequeg
          Hello Kevin,
          Okay, here is what I found out. There is problem with the interaction of our images with the citrix presentation server and Windows 7 and its security settings. The result is the page will not resolve. This usually occurs over time as the number of connections grows and your system begins to block the connection.
          We are currently working on a fix, but I do not have an estimated time at this time. This is peculiar to 7 so if you have access to a machine with XP you can get around it.
          I will post back here when we are able to deal with this issue.