Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-09-11T10:11:27Z by Khuldoon
irina999
irina999
23 Posts

Pinned topic Error MSG when access WebSeal from Web Portal Manager WAS Console

‏2012-06-22T09:45:07Z |
I have a working TAM 6.1.1 SSO system with WebSeal and Web Portal Manager installed. I also have a few junctions created in WebSEAL. My application was configured with SSO and was working successfully.
I was able modify junctions through WPM. But one day when I tried to access WebSeal through WPM after logging with sec_master user I started getting the following error:
*************************************************************************************************************************
http://java.lang.NullPointerException Wrappered Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDContext.(PDContext.java:536) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDSslServices$2.run(PDSslServices.java:1107) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:192) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDSslServices.refreshCert(PDSslServices.java:1039) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDSslServices.checkAndRefreshCert(PDSslServices.java:764) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDSslServices.(PDSslServices.java:246) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDContext.(PDContext.java:296) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDContext.(PDContext.java:189) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDContext.(PDContext.java:124) at com.tivoli.pdconsole.common.servlets.auth.createContext(auth.java:594) at com.tivoli.pdconsole.common.servlets.auth.handleLogin(auth.java:114) at com.tivoli.pdconsole.common.servlets.auth.doGet(auth.java:76) at com.tivoli.pdconsole.common.servlets.auth.doPost(auth.java:89) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:966) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:907) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145) at com.tivoli.pdconsole.isc.servlets.URLFilter.doFilter(URLFilter.java:118) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:696) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:641) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:475) at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:463) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:92) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:744) at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1425) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:92) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:465) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:394) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:152) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:213) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.fireCompletionActions(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:195) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:193) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:725) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:847) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1498) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDContext.commonInit(PDContext.java:827) at com.tivoli.pd.jutil.PDContext.
**************************************************************************************************************************************
Is this error related to runtime license expiration? If yes, how can I refresh or renew the license?
The TAM system was setup about 2 years ago.

If anyone have come across this issue and know the resolution appreciate your help.
Updated on 2012-12-05T08:06:02Z at 2012-12-05T08:06:02Z by gvt
  • irina999
    irina999
    23 Posts

Re: Error MSG when access WebSeal from Web Portal Manager WAS Console

‏2012-06-26T12:21:42Z  
    I found out in TAM for eB 6.1.1 Info Center how to refresh the cert on policy server. However, I also have authorization server, TAM Proxy Server and WebSeal that dependent on policy server. After cert update I can no longer start all components using pd_start start command.
    If anyone have come across the correct procedure on cert refresh I would appreciate if you could reply to this post.

Regards,
    Irina
  • MeenakshiSundaram
    MeenakshiSundaram
    1 Post

‏2012-08-13T18:06:04Z  
    Hi Irina999:

Good day. We are getting similar issues in our DEV & TEST environment. did you have any success in resolving this issue? if so could you please post it in this thread or email me @ meenakshig@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    MSG
  • gvt
    gvt
    4 Posts

‏2012-12-04T09:50:52Z  
    same problem here, any update would be appreciated
  • gvt
    gvt
    4 Posts

‏2012-12-05T08:06:02Z  
    • gvt
    • ‏2012-12-04T09:50:52Z
    same problem here, any update would be appreciated
    In our case the problem was caused by the policy server being down.
  • st4rk
    st4rk
    1 Post

‏2013-07-19T19:15:06Z  
    Hi Irina999:

Good day. We are getting similar issues in our DEV & TEST environment. did you have any success in resolving this issue? if so could you please post it in this thread or email me @ meenakshig@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    MSG

How you solved your problem?, I have it same error and I haven't idea where to start.

• ChristopherD
    ChristopherD
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-07T20:55:04Z  
    • irina999
    • ‏2012-06-26T12:21:42Z
    I found out in TAM for eB 6.1.1 Info Center how to refresh the cert on policy server. However, I also have authorization server, TAM Proxy Server and WebSeal that dependent on policy server. After cert update I can no longer start all components using pd_start start command.
    If anyone have come across the correct procedure on cert refresh I would appreciate if you could reply to this post.

Regards,
    Irina

I'm seeing the same error as well...

AMWPM 6.1.1.3 on 64-bit RHEL 5.9

Interesting to note that it seems to be a configuration problem, as it does not matter whether the WPM login attempt uses valid credentials or not.  A random name and garbage password produces the same Java error as a valid ID/PW combo.

Per an earlier poster's comment, I verified that pdmgrd and pdacld were running.  I bounced them for grins, to no avail.

Any update would be appreciated.

• irina999
    irina999
    23 Posts

‏2014-01-08T09:47:05Z  

I'm seeing the same error as well...

AMWPM 6.1.1.3 on 64-bit RHEL 5.9

Interesting to note that it seems to be a configuration problem, as it does not matter whether the WPM login attempt uses valid credentials or not.  A random name and garbage password produces the same Java error as a valid ID/PW combo.

Per an earlier poster's comment, I verified that pdmgrd and pdacld were running.  I bounced them for grins, to no avail.

Any update would be appreciated.

Hi all,

Thank you very much for all your replies. Just to let everyone know that I did not resolve this issue on my system and was just continued on using command line tools instead of WPM UI. Annoying but overall system was still working fine for my SSO purpose.

In case if anyone has addressed this issue to the TAM support team and have a resolution pls reply to this post. Would be interesting to know the cause and resolution.

Regards,

Irina

• Ashish_Choudhari
    Ashish_Choudhari
    10 Posts

‏2014-05-23T15:33:01Z  

Hi,

I also had a similar problem. The problem was resolved using com.tivoli.pd.jcfg.SvrSslCfg. I unconfigured the SSL configuration and reconfigured it. After the successful reconfiguration, the things started working fine.

• Ashish_Choudhari
    Ashish_Choudhari
    10 Posts

‏2014-05-23T15:39:32Z  

Hi,

I also had a similar problem. The problem was resolved using com.tivoli.pd.jcfg.SvrSslCfg. I unconfigured the SSL configuration and reconfigured it. After the successful reconfiguration, the things started working fine.

Unconfigure using command

/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin/java com.tivoli.pd.jcfg.SvrSslCfg -action unconfig -port 7145 -admin_id sec_master -admin_pwd  admin_pwd -appsvr_id amwpm -policysvr policy_servername

Configure using command

/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin/java com.tivoli.pd.jcfg.SvrSslCfg -action config -mode remote -port 7145 -groups ivmgrd-servers -authzsvr auth_servername -key_file /opt/PolicyDirector/java/export/pdwpm/pdwpm.ks -cfg_action replace -admin_id sec_master -admin_pwd  admin_pwd  -appsvr_id amwpm -policysvr policy_servername -cfg_file /opt/PolicyDirector/java/export/pdwpm/pdwpm.properties

• Khuldoon
    Khuldoon
    1 Post

‏2014-09-11T10:11:27Z  

Just run the below command after set the java environment, then stop and start the NDM/server1:

java com.tivoli.pd.jcfg.SvrSslCfg -action replcert -admin_id sec_master -admin_pwd  '*****' -cfg_file /opt/PolicyDirector/java/export/pdwpm/pdwpm.properties