SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WSP accepting JSON

‏2012-06-20T12:01:57Z |
I am using :XI50.3.8.1.9.

i have 2 queries#
1. Can we expose WSDL v2 as WSP with my current version?
2. Can WSP accept JSON as input? if yes, How it will identify the operation name? can some one share sample JSON request?
Updated on 2012-11-29T11:08:40Z at 2012-11-29T11:08:40Z by kenhygh
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    2818 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WSP accepting JSON

‏2012-06-20T12:27:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    > 2. Can WSP accept JSON as input? if yes, How it will identify the operation name? can some one share sample JSON request?
    >
    No, WSP accepts SOAP only.
    Please see "Implementing a Web 2.0 RESTful facade enabled with JSON using WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances"
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0912_muschett/0912_muschett.html

See the optional SOAP call to WSP in that article.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-29T08:52:55Z  in response to HermannSW
      Hi,

If the User fire a request URL ended with ?wsdl means I have to fetch the wsdl from local folder and send it to Consumer for the particular service.

For Example, I have one request rule, I have created match action with ?wsdl to accept URL ended with ?wsdl. This means I will fetch the WSDL from local folder and send it to Consumer.

One more request and response rule for actual request and response. If I fire a request and I got a proper response but when I fire a url with ?wsdl. It's not at all going to the request rule with the match action to accept ?wsdl.

In WSP Configuration, We have some properties like request type as Non-xml, XML, SOAP. But you told, the WSP accept only SOAP Message.
      • kenhygh
        kenhygh
        792 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-29T11:08:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        A WSP will automatically handle a ?wsdl request, you do not have to configure anything.

A WSP only accepts SOAP because a WSP is purely WSDL driven, and there's no way to have WSDL that describes non-SOAP messages, such as JSON.

Ken