Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-27T15:14:44Z by RickyHolcomb
CBecraft
CBecraft
1 Post

Pinned topic Search Limitation

‏2012-06-19T19:39:02Z |
IBM Support Assistant is not finding any hits in the IBM Knowledge Base or Documents...the only hits I get are from Google. Is there an issue with this app or has my access been changed?
Updated on 2012-08-27T15:14:44Z at 2012-08-27T15:14:44Z by RickyHolcomb
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    417 Posts

Re: Search Limitation

‏2012-07-10T16:52:58Z  
    Hello Chuck,
    My apologies for the long delay in getting back to you, as I have been away from the office the past few weeks.

As for your question on the search results, ibm.com/support and developerWorks have changed their API and we can no longer correctly parse their results. Google has also changed their format and we aren't accurately reading the number of results.

Support Portal has addressed many of the reasons why ISA introduced a search interface and we will not be incorporating future changes into the search component for ISA V4. You will need to go to Support Portal to search support documents where you can get search results from ibm.com/support and developerWorks in a single search.
    Again so for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
    Ricky Holcomb
  • GWBECKER
    GWBECKER
    3 Posts

‏2012-08-01T05:43:57Z  
    Hello Chuck,
    My apologies for the long delay in getting back to you, as I have been away from the office the past few weeks.

As for your question on the search results, ibm.com/support and developerWorks have changed their API and we can no longer correctly parse their results. Google has also changed their format and we aren't accurately reading the number of results.

Support Portal has addressed many of the reasons why ISA introduced a search interface and we will not be incorporating future changes into the search component for ISA V4. You will need to go to Support Portal to search support documents where you can get search results from ibm.com/support and developerWorks in a single search.
    Again so for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
    Ricky Holcomb
    Hello Ricky,
    the search function in ISA was the most valuable function I am using and this search was so excellent, that I always talked about this in my presentations. Without this over all search function, the IBM Support Assistant did not have any value for me and I will remove it immediately from all of my systems. Further I will not recommend this tool. So my requirement is, that the search function will be re established and in Version 5 be supported.
    Hopefully, you can give me a positive response.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Gerd Becker
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    417 Posts

‏2012-08-01T21:03:15Z  
    • GWBECKER
    • ‏2012-08-01T05:43:57Z
    Hello Ricky,
    the search function in ISA was the most valuable function I am using and this search was so excellent, that I always talked about this in my presentations. Without this over all search function, the IBM Support Assistant did not have any value for me and I will remove it immediately from all of my systems. Further I will not recommend this tool. So my requirement is, that the search function will be re established and in Version 5 be supported.
    Hopefully, you can give me a positive response.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Gerd Becker
    Hello Gerd,

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback will be submitted for consideration as an enhancement for IBM Support Assistant 5. Could you give more details on your likes and dis-likes in regards to the search function that was provided in IBM Support Assistant V4.

Thanks,
    Ricky Holcomb
  • GWBECKER
    GWBECKER
    3 Posts

‏2012-08-20T09:16:02Z  
    Hello Gerd,

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback will be submitted for consideration as an enhancement for IBM Support Assistant 5. Could you give more details on your likes and dis-likes in regards to the search function that was provided in IBM Support Assistant V4.

Thanks,
    Ricky Holcomb
    Hello Ricky,
    the maximum benefit for IBM Support Assitsant was for me, to have a universal search engine for any kind of questions and problems. In V4 it was easy to search for any kind of information in different databases and sources and I mostly was successful. With ISA I had a combined data platform for the different sources. And with the product selection I was able to search for only this information I really needed. When I will do the same manually, I have to search in IBM Publications, in IBM Support, in IBM developerworks etc. and every kind of query is different.
    I will be happy, when you reestablish the functionalitiy of V4 and I promise, that I will promote ISA again.

Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Gerd Becker
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    417 Posts

‏2012-08-27T15:14:44Z  
    • GWBECKER
    • ‏2012-08-20T09:16:02Z
    Hello Ricky,
    the maximum benefit for IBM Support Assitsant was for me, to have a universal search engine for any kind of questions and problems. In V4 it was easy to search for any kind of information in different databases and sources and I mostly was successful. With ISA I had a combined data platform for the different sources. And with the product selection I was able to search for only this information I really needed. When I will do the same manually, I have to search in IBM Publications, in IBM Support, in IBM developerworks etc. and every kind of query is different.
    I will be happy, when you reestablish the functionalitiy of V4 and I promise, that I will promote ISA again.

Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Gerd Becker
    Hello Gerd,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I have opened a new feature request in response to your comments.
    Thanks again,
    Ricky Holcomb