3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-20T06:17:12Z by devil786
devil786
devil786
95 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic installing/deploy data collector for WAS

‏2012-06-19T13:43:43Z |
Hi,
I have installed ITCAM for Application diagnostics v 7.1 in my environment, now i want to deploy ITCAM data collector for WAS on the WAS aplication server , but i dint find it in the ITCAM for AD v 7.1 installation media. Can some one please guide me is there any changes in this version also how can we monitor our Websphere environment using ITCAM for AD v 7.1. thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-06-20T06:17:12Z at 2012-06-20T06:17:12Z by devil786
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: installing/deploy data collector for WAS

‏2012-06-19T13:53:51Z  in response to devil786
    Hi,

I assume you have installed the agent, i.e. used the installation bundle that install the TEMA agent.
    This has also copied on your HD all the files for data collector (somewhere under ITM_HOME there is wasdc directory).
    To start the configuration tool, that will look a bit different from the one you were used to, just open the MTEMS and reconfigure the ITCAM for AD TEMA. That will pop a dialog to config DC into WAS instance.
    More details here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101%2Fwas_agent_install_guide_dist%2Fchapter_unix_agent_install%2Fconfiguring_the_monitoring_agent_using_gui.html

Hope it helps

Enrico
  • MikhailRamendik
    MikhailRamendik
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-19T13:54:01Z  in response to devil786
    Yes, there was a change. There is no separate Data Collector installer now.

Install the Monitoring Agent on every host with WAS that you want to monitor - this installer also installs (but does not automatically configure) the Data Collector (DC).

Then, use MTMS to start agent configuration - and, from there, configure the DC as necessary.

For details, refer to the relevant chapters of the installation guide (either for Windows or for Linux/UNIX systems). The guide is here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/topic/com.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101/was_agent_install_dist.html

After the installation procedure, each of the operating system chapters tells you how to configure or upgrade the DC.
    • devil786
      devil786
      95 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-20T06:17:12Z  in response to MikhailRamendik
      thanks for the support, We are not using ITM in our environment, still i tried to install the ITM for WAS agent first and it displays the below error:
      "ERROR - Unable to unzip VER file tmp/ynlx8266.ver...java.util.zip.ZipException: Error opening zip file /ITCAM-Media/tivolia/itcamwasagent/unix/ynlx8266.jar
      java.util.zip.ZipException: Error opening zip file /ITCAM-Media/tivolia/itcamwasagent/unix/ynlx8266.jar
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:238)
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:119)
      at utilities.Unzip.unzipVer(Unzip.java:341)"
      at ITMinstall.CandleProducts.arePkgsAvail(CandleProducts.java:302)
      at ITMinstall.CandleInstall.main(CandleInstall.java:11054)
      KCIIN2369E ERROR - cannot access product packages in "/ITCAM-Media/tivolia/itcamwasagent/unix"

we are using RHEL 5.5 64 bit