IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-22T12:06:54Z by RobertDickson
eric g. s
eric g. s
15 Posts

Pinned topic Error in running column analysis

‏2012-06-18T15:03:05Z |
Hi,

Often times, I would encounter the following error:

"Agent Connection Error"

when running column analysis and data rules.

I solution I noticed to fix this is to restart the machine. Is there any other way of fixing this without restarting the machine?

Many thanks,
sega
Updated on 2012-06-22T12:06:54Z at 2012-06-22T12:06:54Z by RobertDickson
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    72 Posts

Re: Error in running column analysis

‏2012-06-18T15:11:56Z  
    Hi,

Yes, there is. You can try to stop/restart the ASB Agent service. It's in the Services control panel in Windows. For Linux/Unit, run (as root) /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/bin/NodeAgents.sh -stop and -start should do it.

--
    Regards,
    Robert
  • eric g. s
    eric g. s
    15 Posts

‏2012-06-19T03:03:12Z  
    Hi,

Yes, there is. You can try to stop/restart the ASB Agent service. It's in the Services control panel in Windows. For Linux/Unit, run (as root) /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/bin/NodeAgents.sh -stop and -start should do it.

--
    Regards,
    Robert
    Hi Robert,

Thank you for replying.

I've done restarting of ABS Agent several times but no to avail. It seems it is started, when I checked on the Services control panel of the windows. I tried restarting using the "Stop Agent" and "Start Agent" in the Information Analyzer shortcut and also on the Services control panel with no success. I tried restarting the machine and it is fine. If it encounters error again, will post here the actual logs.

Many thanks,
    Eric
  • eric g. s
    eric g. s
    15 Posts

‏2012-06-19T04:46:59Z  
    Hi,

--
    Regards,
    Robert
    I think I found the cause, in the Analysis Database setting, Analysis ODBC DSN dropdown for value is empty. It should have iada as the value.

Any ideas on this?

Many thanks,
    Eric
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    72 Posts

‏2012-06-19T12:06:43Z  
    • eric g. s
    • ‏2012-06-19T04:46:59Z
    I think I found the cause, in the Analysis Database setting, Analysis ODBC DSN dropdown for value is empty. It should have iada as the value.

Any ideas on this?

Many thanks,
    Eric
    Hi Eric,

It appears that you are on a Windows only install of Information Analyzer. Are all tiers installed on this one machine, or are they spread out over multiple machines?

If one one machine, can you verify that ODBC source 'iada' is a **System** DSN?

--
    Robert
  • eric g. s
    eric g. s
    15 Posts

‏2012-06-19T12:15:33Z  
    Hi Eric,

It appears that you are on a Windows only install of Information Analyzer. Are all tiers installed on this one machine, or are they spread out over multiple machines?

If one one machine, can you verify that ODBC source 'iada' is a **System** DSN?

--
    Robert
    Hi Robert,

Yes, the installation is on Windows platform and all tiers are on one machine.ODBC source 'iadb' is a **System** DSN.

Best regards,
    eric
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    72 Posts

‏2012-06-19T12:31:51Z  
    • eric g. s
    • ‏2012-06-19T12:15:33Z
    Hi Robert,

Yes, the installation is on Windows platform and all tiers are on one machine.ODBC source 'iadb' is a **System** DSN.

Best regards,
    eric
    Hi Eric,

Ok - next thought - are you running on Windows 7 64 bit? If so, you need to set up your ODBC driver using the 32bit ODBC driver manager at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.

--
    Robert
  • eric g. s
    eric g. s
    15 Posts

‏2012-06-19T12:40:14Z  
    Hi Eric,

Ok - next thought - are you running on Windows 7 64 bit? If so, you need to set up your ODBC driver using the 32bit ODBC driver manager at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.

--
    Robert
    Hi Robert,

I am running on a Windows 2003 server 32 bit. Previously, it was working. Just 3 days ago when I started to see some errors and just this morning that I noticed that the Analysis connector setting has no value. And when I tried to setting it to value 'iadb', the drop down displays nothing...

--
    eric
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    72 Posts

‏2012-06-19T17:55:56Z  
    • eric g. s
    • ‏2012-06-19T12:40:14Z
    Hi Robert,

I am running on a Windows 2003 server 32 bit. Previously, it was working. Just 3 days ago when I started to see some errors and just this morning that I noticed that the Analysis connector setting has no value. And when I tried to setting it to value 'iadb', the drop down displays nothing...

--
    eric
    Hi Eric,

Some thoughts?

Has anything changed in the last 3 days?

Can you connect to that ODBC connection (iadb) from some other source (like QualityStage/DataStage?

What happens if you delete/re-add the ODBC connection?

Is there anything in the logs (find asbagent*.*)

--
    Robert
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    72 Posts

‏2012-06-22T12:06:54Z  
    Hi Eric,

Some thoughts?

Has anything changed in the last 3 days?

Can you connect to that ODBC connection (iadb) from some other source (like QualityStage/DataStage?

What happens if you delete/re-add the ODBC connection?

Is there anything in the logs (find asbagent*.*)

--
    Robert
    Hi Eric,

I had a thought - a wild one, but let's see....

Please check to see if the passwords have expired on your users (db2admin, isadmin, iauser, xmeta, or whatever you named them). Mine are set to 'Password never expires'...

--
    Regards,
    Robert