• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-22T06:39:32Z by SystemAdmin
wakeupsid
wakeupsid
2 Posts

Pinned topic PDF and Excel not working

‏2012-06-15T10:42:39Z |
Hi,

I am facing a very peculiar issue. I am not able to open or download PDF and excel. I tried from tipadmin also but with no success. I am using TIP v2.1 and TCR v2.1.0.

Please help.
Updated on 2012-11-22T06:39:32Z at 2012-11-22T06:39:32Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    373 Posts

Re: PDF and Excel not working

‏2012-06-15T19:39:45Z  
    Hi, Beyond the obvious suggestion, which I'm sure you looked at: Browser setting that block the non-html files (pdf/excel)
    I don't have any other suggestions. I think a PMR will be required.
    Dan
  • wakeupsid
    wakeupsid
    2 Posts

‏2012-06-20T13:35:53Z  
    Hi, Beyond the obvious suggestion, which I'm sure you looked at: Browser setting that block the non-html files (pdf/excel)
    I don't have any other suggestions. I think a PMR will be required.
    Dan
    Yes we have done that. There is some error with the cryptographic information. I have to reset it using the cog config.The thing is I am using AIX 6.1 platform and whenever i run ./cogconfig.sh it throughs a java error and that display is not even when other applications are able to display properly. Is this a known issue?

Please suggest.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    373 Posts

‏2012-06-21T14:28:10Z  
    • wakeupsid
    • ‏2012-06-20T13:35:53Z
    Yes we have done that. There is some error with the cryptographic information. I have to reset it using the cog config.The thing is I am using AIX 6.1 platform and whenever i run ./cogconfig.sh it throughs a java error and that display is not even when other applications are able to display properly. Is this a known issue?

Please suggest.
    Hi,
    On the java error with cogconfig.sh, there should be a wrapper script in the same directory that sets the correct java: tcr_cogconfig.sh
    That will hopefully get you past that error.
    Dan Krissell
  • choji
    choji
    2 Posts

‏2012-08-09T14:24:35Z  
    Hi,
    On the java error with cogconfig.sh, there should be a wrapper script in the same directory that sets the correct java: tcr_cogconfig.sh
    That will hopefully get you past that error.
    Dan Krissell
    Hi,
    Did anyone find a solution to this issue? I am actually having the same problem: I am able to generate HTML reports but whem I try to generate it in PDF format it doesn't work. I think this may be related to a specific package, once I can create PDF reports from all others packages.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
    Mayk Choji
  • Venkat_GulfSoft
    Venkat_GulfSoft
    24 Posts

‏2012-08-09T15:32:23Z  
    • choji
    • ‏2012-08-09T14:24:35Z
    Hi,
    Did anyone find a solution to this issue? I am actually having the same problem: I am able to generate HTML reports but whem I try to generate it in PDF format it doesn't work. I think this may be related to a specific package, once I can create PDF reports from all others packages.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
    Mayk Choji
    Hi,

If you have custom images/logos, they need to copied in two directories. even if you don't have custom images, make sure the built-in report logos are copied in the directories specified in blog article below.

http://blog.gulfsoft.com/2011/06/importing-custom-images-in-tcr-cognos.html

Hope this helps,
    with warm regards,
    Venkat Saranathan.
    Gulf Breeze Software.
    www.gulfsoft.com
  • choji
    choji
    2 Posts

‏2012-08-09T16:32:52Z  
    Hi,

If you have custom images/logos, they need to copied in two directories. even if you don't have custom images, make sure the built-in report logos are copied in the directories specified in blog article below.

http://blog.gulfsoft.com/2011/06/importing-custom-images-in-tcr-cognos.html

Hope this helps,
    with warm regards,
    Venkat Saranathan.
    Gulf Breeze Software.
    www.gulfsoft.com
    Dear Venkat,

Thanks very much for your help. I have followed your suggestion and this old problem has finally been resolved.
    Thanks once again!

Best Regards,
    Mayk Choji
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    373 Posts

‏2012-11-22T06:37:09Z  
    Hello, wakeupsid , did you solve your problem? I also met the same issue with you, but I choose the paid software : [url=http://www.istonsoft.com/pdf-image-extractor.html]pdf image extractor[/url], in fact ,I just need the image on my PDF.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    373 Posts

‏2012-11-22T06:39:32Z  
    I mean I try pdf image extractor to extract image from my PDF files.