• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-15T19:47:52Z by DeepakBhatia
DeepakBhatia
DeepakBhatia
4 Posts

Pinned topic Web Experience Factory V8 for 64 bit - Error during installation

‏2012-06-14T21:19:59Z |
All,

I've 64 bit m/c. I downloaded trial version of WEF 8.0 and tried installing but it is failing. I see following error in installlog.log:

Custom Action: com.bowstreet.install.IA_SetTimestamp
Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.bowstreet.install.IA_SetTimestamp.install() runtime exception:

See log for error.

Please advice.

thanks,
Deepak Bhatia
Updated on 2012-06-15T19:47:52Z at 2012-06-15T19:47:52Z by DeepakBhatia
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

Re: Web Experience Factory V8 for 64 bit - Error during installation

‏2012-06-15T13:39:19Z  
    I noticed in the log that you appear to be running Windows Vista?
    os.name == Windows Vista

I've never used WPF/WEF on Vista myself and everybody I know runs it on XP or 7 or Linux, but I did a quick search and it looks like there were a couple people using it on Vista that had permissions problems due possibly to Vista permission defaults? I'm not an expert in the installer implementation either, but I believe that method it failed on was trying to set a timestamp value for when it was installed, and thus needed to write to one of the files that the installer had just laid down on disk. If Vista isn't letting it write to the file it just installed, that could be part of the problem. Maybe try running the installer with admin privileges?

..mb1
  • DeepakBhatia
    DeepakBhatia
    4 Posts

‏2012-06-15T15:10:11Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-06-15T13:39:19Z
    I noticed in the log that you appear to be running Windows Vista?
    os.name == Windows Vista

I've never used WPF/WEF on Vista myself and everybody I know runs it on XP or 7 or Linux, but I did a quick search and it looks like there were a couple people using it on Vista that had permissions problems due possibly to Vista permission defaults? I'm not an expert in the installer implementation either, but I believe that method it failed on was trying to set a timestamp value for when it was installed, and thus needed to write to one of the files that the installer had just laid down on disk. If Vista isn't letting it write to the file it just installed, that could be part of the problem. Maybe try running the installer with admin privileges?

..mb1
    Thanks MB. I'll give a try with full admin privileges.

Thank You,
    Deepak Bhatia
  • DeepakBhatia
    DeepakBhatia
    4 Posts

‏2012-06-15T19:47:52Z  
    Thanks MB. I'll give a try with full admin privileges.

Thank You,
    Deepak Bhatia
    I was able to install it finally.
    The issue was because the WEF install zip was not unzipped into the the proper folders.
    Everything was in the same root folder and that caused the install to fail.

Thanks,
    Deepak Bhatia