Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-31T00:14:50Z by mgibson
iiiii
iiiii
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Remote TM1 datasoruce failed to connect but local is fine, why?

‏2012-06-14T17:30:05Z |
Hi,

I have BI and TM1 installed on 2 different systems but on this remote BI it failed to connect to the remote TM1 as a datasource. The following was the error message I got from BI :

XQE-EXE-0004 QFWBridge has returned an error: TM1-ERR-0070 The TM1 server 9.12.203.165/Trading cannot be found

or tried with port 9510 and get the same error :

XQE-EXE-0004 QFWBridge has returned an error: TM1-ERR-0070 The TM1 server 9.12.203.165:9510/Trading cannot be found

When I tried http://9.12.203.165:9510/Trading on a browser, it gave me a blank page, at least that shows there was some kind of connection instead of giving me a http erros.

Note that I have no problem when BI and TM1 are all installed in one system, or even a remote Architect has no problem connect to this TM1. My remote BI has the same version as my local BI (local to TM1) which seems to work. My BI version is 10.1.1 and TM1 is 10.1 (10.1.1).
Could I have not made appropriate TM1 configuration so that it could be remotely Web accesible? The TM1 Application Server Gateway URI and dispatcher has set to contain the ip address (instead of localhost), same as the Environment->Gateway URI. Did I miss anything else?

Thanks in advance!
Updated on 2012-07-31T00:14:50Z at 2012-07-31T00:14:50Z by mgibson
  • Charissa
    Charissa
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Remote TM1 datasoruce failed to connect but local is fine, why?

‏2012-06-15T00:57:28Z  in response to iiiii
    you should post some screenshot for people here to get a good picture of the error. Are you trying to connect to TM1 through Framework? Is that what you mean?
    • iiiii
      iiiii
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-19T00:59:09Z  in response to Charissa
      Nope, I wasn't using Framework. I was using BI trying to connect to a TM1 server as a datasource in BI.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        658 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-20T07:50:32Z  in response to iiiii
        I am posting a link which might help you(not sure). The issue is not same as yours but the solution has been provided for connectivity issues between Cognos 10 BI and Cognos TM1 installed on two different machines.
        The link says that: "Installing the 64-bit TM1 9.5.2 client and enabling Dynamic Query Mode will automatically enable 64-bit Cognos 10.1 to connect to TM1 9.5.2 on a remote server".

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21474468
        • iiiii
          iiiii
          8 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-25T19:04:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Thank you but that didn't help because the files were for Windows (dll) but my BI is on Linux.

One simple question, all instructions that I could find online assuming BI was on a Windows system to use TM1 as a datasource, a simple question to you is could BI be on a non-Windwos system (linux in this case) and still could have a TM1 as datasource? If yes then what other extra installation that I need to install on my BI on Linux????
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            658 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-26T09:57:22Z  in response to iiiii
            I have gone through some links to check compatibility of BI 10.1 and linux. If you look at the following link you can find that there are some IBM Cognos TM1 Interoperability 10.1.0 for Business Intelligence 64-bit 10.1.1 Linux x86 Multilingual downloads available. It provides the files to be installed on the Cognos BI machine if using TM1 with Cognos BI on linux for download. I haven't worked on BI installed on Linux so far, so i don't know if its going to help you or not. Give a try.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24029359
            • iiiii
              iiiii
              8 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-26T12:47:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Yes, I did install TM1 Interoperability even thought I didn't think it needed it based what I read but I was desperate, I have installed everything related to TM1 for BI that could be installed on Linux (regardless if they are needed or not).
              • iiiii
                iiiii
                8 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-26T21:23:55Z  in response to iiiii
                I fixed it!!!

So that no ones has to go thru what I have to gone thru (1 weeks!!) here is the solution

http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21586113
                • mgibson
                  mgibson
                  17 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-31T00:14:50Z  in response to iiiii
                  Hi iiiii,

Which particular step fixed the issue for you? The link you sent has several possibilities listed, and I'm wondering which one resolved it for you?

We're receiving the same error, and you might be able to help us narrow it down.

Regards
                  Mick