• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-15T16:28:06Z by AnthonyBpm
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Custom script problem

‏2012-06-14T12:00:37Z |
Hi All,

I have some vague problem .I am using the following code for achieving custom validation
Placed this below sapn tag inside custom HTML .
*Please Change the Approver
checking this condition in Coach script :
if(<#=tw.local.validateLeaveApprover#>==true){
document.getElementById('changeApprover').style.display='inline';
}

The above code is not working in particular coach and it does not show any script error .

I have used this kind of validation in many places and that is working fine in other coaches .Is any one experienced the same problem and any guess why it is happening ?
Updated on 2012-06-15T16:28:06Z at 2012-06-15T16:28:06Z by AnthonyBpm
  • makvell
    makvell
    269 Posts

Re: Custom script problem

‏2012-06-14T16:31:07Z  
    You do not forget to put your javascript inside the appropriate tag <script>? :)

Or what is "Coach script"?
  • AnthonyBpm
    AnthonyBpm
    390 Posts

‏2012-06-14T17:42:50Z  
    Check the value of "tw.local.validateLeaveApprover", if it is not true on the server-side then your code will not run.

Use firebug, or the built-in developer tools within IE9 or Chrome to check to see how the server-side variable is being sent to the client side. You should see something like:

if(

true == 

true)
    { ..... 
    }

If you need to reference the server-side variable on the client-side, I would recommend retaining the variable in an object on the client-side, rather than have it be rendered as a literal, e.g.

var validateLeaveApprover = <#=tw.local.validateLeaveApprover#>; 

if(validateLeaveApprover) 
    { ... 
    }

hth
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-06-15T10:07:51Z  
    Check the value of "tw.local.validateLeaveApprover", if it is not true on the server-side then your code will not run.

Use firebug, or the built-in developer tools within IE9 or Chrome to check to see how the server-side variable is being sent to the client side. You should see something like:

<pre class="jive-pre"> if( true == true) { ..... } </pre>

If you need to reference the server-side variable on the client-side, I would recommend retaining the variable in an object on the client-side, rather than have it be rendered as a literal, e.g.
    <pre class="jive-pre"> var validateLeaveApprover = <#=tw.local.validateLeaveApprover#>; if(validateLeaveApprover) { ... } </pre>

hth
    Makvell & AnthonyBpm ,

I dint forget to put the code inside <script> :)
    alert ("in");
    }
    alert is working properly in inside this if condition.
    The problem is CustomHTML (div tag) is not working.

Anthony BPM - I modified the code according to your snggesstion.but still div tag is not working .
  • AnthonyBpm
    AnthonyBpm
    390 Posts

‏2012-06-15T16:28:06Z  
    Makvell & AnthonyBpm ,

I dint forget to put the code inside <script> :)
    alert ("in");
    }
    alert is working properly in inside this if condition.
    The problem is CustomHTML (div tag) is not working.

Anthony BPM - I modified the code according to your snggesstion.but still div tag is not working .
    What does the rendered HTML look like on the client? If you post that, it would help.

Also, VERIFY the value of the tw.local variable prior to the coach step in your service.