Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-07-10T07:31:32Z by SubasiniRath
GQWW_Manikandan_A
GQWW_Manikandan_A
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic 500 Error -Caused by: com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.actions.MethodExecutionEx

‏2012-06-14T06:46:06Z |
Dear,
When ever getting timeout for web service call getting the 500 error page.Please note that service call timeout value as 3 min.

Please let me know whether server level any IOTimeout value need to changed accordingly.Please advice how can we resolve this.

Caused by: com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.actions.MethodExecutionException: Error in method CustomerHistoryInq.invoke. Error in method CustomerHistoryInq.invokeInternal. Fault [Root exception is <SOAP-ENV:Fault xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>Server</faultcode>
Updated on 2012-06-14T14:16:02Z at 2012-06-14T14:16:02Z by kevintap
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 500 Error -Caused by: com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.actions.MethodExecutionEx

‏2012-06-14T14:16:02Z  in response to GQWW_Manikandan_A
    The web service call is throwing an exception here, which is not being handled by your application. You will need to implement some exception handling in your model. I would suggest to start by looking at the Error Handler builder. This builder can be used to catch exceptions thrown by actions in your model and can be used to redirect the user to an appropriate error page or display an appropriate error message on the current page.
    • SubasiniRath
      SubasiniRath
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 500 Error -Caused by: com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.actions.MethodExecutionEx

‏2014-07-10T07:31:32Z  in response to kevintap

Hi 

I am calling a web service in WEF and the web service call is throwing its own exception. When I call this webservice in java method using webAppAccess.callmethod("....."), it always gives exception class as 

com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.actions.MethodExecutionException

where as e.getCause() is coming as null(e instance of java.lang.Exception)

When I am trying to cast webservice defined exception,getting classcastexcetion - methodexecution exception is not compatible with that type of exception

Can anyone suggest how we can change this exception to any other type of exception.

Note: When I call the same webservice in a J2EE project, it works fine and the exception it is throwing is of type webservice defined exception.So why in WEF project it is MethodExecutionException type ????