ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic cannot connect using IBM Data Studio

‏2012-06-13T08:29:13Z |
Hello

I used IBM Data Studio to create a sample database named 'koko'
and it was created successfully as you can see from the attached screenshots

but when I try to connect on this database I get the following error

Could not connect to koko.
Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to koko. (Error: jcct4203011211http://3.63.108 A communication error occurred during operations on the connection's underlying socket, socket input stream,
or socket output stream. Error location: Reply.fill() - socketInputStream.read (-1). Message: Connection reset. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001)
jcct4203011211http://3.63.108 A communication error occurred during operations on the connection's underlying socket, socket input stream,
or socket output stream. Error location: Reply.fill() - socketInputStream.read (-1). Message: Connection reset. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001
Error creating JDBC Connection connection to koko. (Error: jcct4203011211http://3.63.108 A communication error occurred during operations on the connection's underlying socket, socket input stream,
or socket output stream. Error location: Reply.fill() - socketInputStream.read (-1). Message: Connection reset. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001)
jcct4203011211http://3.63.108 A communication error occurred during operations on the connection's underlying socket, socket input stream,
or socket output stream. Error location: Reply.fill() - socketInputStream.read (-1). Message: Connection reset. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

although when I use DB2 CLP to connect to the database using this command
"CONNECT to koko"
I can connect successfully and get this message

Database Connection Information

Database server = DB2/NT64 10.1.0
SQL authorization ID = TECNOYOT...
Local database alias = KOKO

Screenshots attached
Updated on 2012-06-13T20:10:02Z at 2012-06-13T20:10:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: cannot connect using IBM Data Studio

‏2012-06-13T08:57:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    after some investigation by using this command
    "db2 get dbm config"

I found that TCP/IP service name is empty and not set to any thing
    may be that is the problem ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-13T09:00:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    after some investigation by using this command
    "db2 get dbm config"

I found that TCP/IP service name is empty and not set to any thing
    may be that is the problem ?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5837 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-13T20:10:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hello,

As you found out, you have to assign to SVCE_NAME the value of a service matching an entry in the services file (I don't remember where it is on Windows) assigning the port used by the DB2 instance to listen to connections.

You also need to add the TCPIP protocol to the registry variable DB2COMM :
      db2set DB2COMM=TCPIP

All this is documented in the Information Center.

Regards
      Yves-Antoine Emmanuelli
      • Kamal Srivastava
        Kamal Srivastava
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-30T19:05:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi,

I am getting the below error while BigInsights installation. Please help...

--

[INFO] Progress - 95%
        [INFO] Progress - Install sampleapp
        [INFO] Deployer - SampleApp successfully installed.
        [INFO] Deployer - SampleAppDeployer: dbURL=jdbc:db2://vm-pint5.asd.onstarlab.com:50001/BIDB
        [INFO] Deployer - Executing script:/apps/ibm/biginsights/hdm/components/sampleapp/binary/setup_tools_catalog.sh  widgets
        [INFO] Deployer - Executing script:/apps/ibm/biginsights/hdm/components/sampleapp/binary/setup_tools_catalog.sh  apps
        [ERROR] Deployer - Failed to create tools catalog. Please check ${BIGINSIGHTS_VAR}/sampleapp/logs/sampleapp.log for complete details
        [ERROR] Deployer - java.lang.Exception: Tools Catalog Widgets failed due to:
        com.ibm.biginsights.database.monitoring.populate.CatalogException: CAT002
                at com.ibm.biginsights.database.monitoring.populate.ToolsCatalogHelper.setAutoIncrementWidgetID(ToolsCatalogHelper.java:1065)
                at com.ibm.biginsights.database.monitoring.populate.ToolsCatalogUtil.populateDashboards(ToolsCatalogUtil.java:138)
                at com.ibm.biginsights.database.monitoring.populate.ToolsCatalogUtil.main(ToolsCatalogUtil.java:110)
        Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientConnectionException: [jcc][t4][2043][11550][4.16.53] Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server vm-pint5.asd.onstarlab.c
        m/172.16.41.107 on port 50,001 with message: Connection refused. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001
                at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.fd.a(fd.java:320)