• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-05T22:45:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
570 Posts

Pinned topic [Solved] How I start Worklight with XCode

‏2012-05-04T23:28:50Z |
Hi,

I have just installed MySQL, Worklight server on Mac OS 10.7.3. I went through number of PDf files and link on worklight site but still not finding any article directly guiding how to start developing xCode with Worklight.

Kindly guide me to the articles/PDFs how I can process with xCode development with Worklight?

Thanks

Abdul Ahad
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    288 Posts

Re: [Solved] How I start Worklight with XCode

‏2012-05-05T09:52:20Z  
    It really depends on your intentions...

You can create a fully native iOS application, and using the Worklight SDK connect it to the Worklight Server, or you can create a Hybrid application (based on Web technologies) that can also utilize native iOS functionality.

Usually when working with Worklight you will opt for the second option.
    For this you need to install Eclipse JEE for OS X, and add to it Worklight Studio (an Eclipse plug-in).

Using Worklight Studio you can then create a new Worklight project and application, and add to it the iPhone or iPad environments. After building your project, in Eclipse, one of the end results will be an Xcode project which you can open in Xcode, and compile to run on a device or simulator.

All of this in mentioned in the following guides:
    http://www.worklight.com/download/documentation

If you have a more specific question, please write it as such...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    570 Posts

Re: [Solved] How I start Worklight with XCode

‏2012-05-05T22:45:51Z  
    Thanks Idan,

Now I have successfully installed Worklight on Mac and its working fine. Great!

Besides, I am facing some problems in setting MySQL on Windows, if you have ever faced such issues Or want to suggest something that I have to do (or missing some settings), please help me out.

see this thread. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1818

Thanks

Abdul Ahad