Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-16T17:06:08Z by IdanAdar
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
570 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Questions on Worklight tool

‏2012-04-16T15:24:31Z |
We have couple of questions on Worklight Tool.Could you please provide clarify these?

1. We have developed a sample application. Every time I use this application, it tries to connect to Worklight server. Is it possible to disable this? Could you please let me
know how I can do this? In the documentation I saw about setting a time duration for connecting to server. Can we achieve this through configuration?

2. Does WorkLight support wiping application(developed using Worklight) from remote devices?

3. Does Worklight support disable a specific user from accessing the application from the Console?
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    288 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Questions on Worklight tool

‏2012-04-16T15:34:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    1. You can add connectOnStartup: false to the onload function (in the <body> of the HTML file);
    Refer to the Developer Reference Guide for more information about working offline.

2. No. However you can disable an application (or a specific environment of an application, and even a specific version of an application and/environment) via Worklight Console.
    Refer to the Administration Guide for more information on disabling applications.

3. A specific user? You mean perhaps add a layer of protection to Worklight Console in the form of a login page? This is possible.
    Refer to the Administration Guide for this.

All Guides are available here: http://www.worklight.com/download/documentation
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    570 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-16T17:02:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks for the reply Idan. Regarding point number 3, I meant from Worklight console is it possible to disable a hybrid mobile app for a particular user. Sorry for not being clear.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    288 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-16T17:06:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The answer would be No.
    However I'm sure you can accomplish this during login - the user sends his credentials and if these match a certain flag in your backend, then you fail the login...