Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-11T03:20:29Z by IdanAdar
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
570 Posts

Pinned topic Running app in windows environment

‏2012-04-09T14:53:51Z |
As suggested in module 3.4, I created windows environment after installing visual studio for windows phone and Zune software. I imported my .csproj file into visual studio and tried executing it on windows phone emulator 7. I am unable to connect to server.

Worklight server is running on one machine and visual studio is running on different machine. I am running android app on the same machine as worklight. I believe I'll have to make changes for IP and port for windows application but not sure where should I incorporate this info. Any help/Insight will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sid
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    288 Posts

Re: Running app in windows environment

‏2012-04-10T03:37:03Z  
    The machine withVisual Studio - is it in the same network as the machine running Worklight?
    If so, then you should change the value of worklightRootURL in the application-descriptor (to that of the machine running Worklight), the IP address will be used in all the variants of the application.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    570 Posts

‏2012-04-11T01:14:59Z  
    I am able to load the client application on windows environment. I am using microsoft visual studio 2010 version WPDTRTRel - 40219.209 with Microsoft .Net Framework Version 4.0.30319 SPRel. Application is getting loaded into the emulator but it's not pulling information from adapter. Application on android and iphone environment are working fine without any issue. On windows I am not seeing any error. Any Help/insight will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sid
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    288 Posts

‏2012-04-11T03:20:29Z  
    Do you see anything in the Output view in Visual Studio?
    For Windows Phone you are supposed to use Visual Studio for Web developers.