It is now available for download and evaluation in the Worklight Developer Zone.
In release 3.3.1 we focused on advancements in two main areas:
• New BlackBerry support
• New Worklight Studio features
Worklight 3.3.1 enables developers to develop, optimize and run Worklight-powered apps on a variety of BlackBerry devices supporting BlackBerry OS 5 and OS 6. Worklight-powered apps use the BlackBerry Widget SDK, which provides access to full device capabilities including contacts, calendar, camera, maps, location, messaging, trackball/trackpad and menu.
Currently, the following BlackBerry devices are supported: Curve (8330, 8350i, 8520, 8530, 8900), Storm 9530, Storm 2 9550, Tour 9630, Bold (9000, 9650, 9700) and the new Torch 9800. Worklight will continue to expand our support of new BlackBerry devices and OS versions as they appear in the market.
• Environment Optimization – The Worklight Studio simplifies the process of environment optimization. In release 3.3.1, the Studio includes an environment selection wizard that automatically creates the necessary application structure and provides default optimized resources. In addition, application resources are now organized according to environments, significantly simplifying the process of identifying optimized environments and accessing environment-specific resources.
• SDK Integration – The Studio in release 3.3.1 supports a new Build command that automatically creates Android and BlackBerry projects and adds them to the developer's workspace. The developer can then immediately run and debug applications using the Android or BlackBerry simulators without leaving the Worklight Studio environment.
• Auto-Complete Functionality – Developers can now use the auto-complete mechanism to easily locate Worklight Client and Server API methods. This function helps speed up the development process and avoids syntax errors and typos.
• Embedded API Documentation – Developers can now access documentation directly from within the Worklight Studio by simply hovering over a function name.
• The WorkLight Starter – As part of Release 3.3.1, we have also created an application called "WorkLight Starter" which serves as an easy starting point for application developers. The Worklight Starter can be used for reference or as a comprehensive template that demonstrates:
o Optimization of an application to all supported mobile, desktop, and web environments
o The use of environment-specific UI tools
o Use of the Worklight adapter framework
I encourage you all to download the new Worklight Mobile Platform release 3.3.1 and benefit from its new functionality and features. Please note that if you are currently engaged in an application development project with Worklight version 3.3, we have included a short tutorial that will help you easily migrate to 3.3.1.
Some helpful links:
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Don’t forget to post your feature requests, questions and comments in the Dev Zone Forums – our R&D team is actively monitoring them and able to respond quickly.
+1 212 645 1396